• Announcements

• Kris

Depression, Mental Health and Crisis Support   06/04/2017

Depression, Mental Health and Crisis Support   Depression and other mental health difficulties are common amongst people on the autistic spectrum and their carers.   People who are affected by general mental health difficulties are encouraged to receive and share information, support and advice with other forum members, though it is important to point out that this exchange of information is generally based on personal experience and opinions, and is not a substitute for professional medical help.   There is a list of sources of mental health support here: <a href="http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=18801" target="_blank">Mental Health Resources link</a>   People may experience a more serious crisis with their mental health and need urgent medical assistance and advice. However well intentioned, this is not an area of support that the forum can or should be attempting to offer and we would urge members who are feeling at risk of self-harm or suicide to contact either their own GP/health centre, or if out of hours contact NHS Direct on 0845 4647 or to call emergency services 999.   We want to reassure members that they have our full support in offering and seeking advice and information on general mental health issues. Members asking for information in order to help a person in their care are seeking to empower both themselves and those they represent, and we would naturally welcome any such dialogue on the forum.   However, any posts which are deemed to contain inference of personal intent to self-harm and/or suicide will be removed from the forum and that person will be contacted via the pm system with advice on where to seek appropriate help.   In addition to the post being removed, if a forum member is deemed to indicate an immediate risk to themselves, and are unable to be contacted via the pm system, the moderating team will take steps to ensure that person's safety. This may involve breaking previous confidentiality agreements and/or contacting the emergency services on that person's behalf.   Sometimes posts referring to self-harm do not indicate an immediate risk, but they may contain material which others find inappropriate or distressing. This type of post will also be removed from the public forum at the moderator's/administrator's discretion, considering the forum user base as a whole.   If any member receives a PM indicating an immediate risk and is not in a position (or does not want) to intervene, they should forward the PM to the moderating team, who will deal with the disclosure in accordance with the above guidelines.   We trust all members will appreciate the reasoning behind these guidelines, and our intention to urge any member struggling with suicidal feelings to seek and receive approproiate support from trained and experienced professional resources.   The forum guidelines have been updated to reflect the above.   Regards,   The mod/admin team
JsMum

Susan Boyle's CD

JsMum   

The songs are really well thought out and she adds her own personal thoughts to why she choose the songs, this truely is a great CD well worth a listen, I like wild horses best.

JsMumxxxx

:thumbs:

baddad   
The songs are really well thought out and she adds her own personal thoughts to why she choose the songs, this truely is a great CD well worth a listen, I like wild horses best.

JsMumxxxx

:thumbs:

Wild Horses? You don't mean Susan Boyle sings the Rolling Stones??

Personally, I can't wait for her cover version of 'Brown Sugar' - yeah, yeah, yeah - whoo! And what was that track on Goats head soup? Something about 'stars'?... :whistle:

Actually, talking of 'Wild Horses' I remember Debbie Harry/Blondie singing this in Crawley (it was at a low point in the bands career!) - Great song, one of my faves from the glitter twins :)

:D

Kathryn   

She sang Wild Horses on the X factor last week, didn't she. She has a lovely voice and she's got even better since the final of BGT, I think.

I'm glad to see they haven't tried to change her appearance too much.

More power to her - she's very close to me in age, which gives me hope - West End stage here I come. :lol:

K x

Tally   

I've also been enjoying this CD. I think she's ever so good, although I do think the Madonna cover was a step too far . . .

baddad   
She sang Wild Horses on the X factor last week, didn't she. K x

Wild horses wouldn't drag me to watch x-factor so I wouldn't know! :lol:

As for her appearance - well, though Anne Robinson had a damn good try I think the old addage that you can't polish a, erm, something not very attractive holds true. Funny, though, she didn't strike me as the kind of person who would have an intimate knowledge of the Rolling Stones back catalogue but if it says she chose the songs herself what sort of cynic would I be to think otherwise :whistle:

Good luck to her - I hope she makes a few bob and gets out with her sanity intact. And though I think she's only got a halfway decent voice - well - let's face it that's half more than many have got and more than enough for autotune to fix in the studio. :)

Here's some more horses for all you horsey peeps out there:

Whinny Whinny

Kathryn   

Well it's nice to know that people aren't always judged only on their looks and youth. As many women actors and presenters will testify, after 40 one becomes invisible and ignored whereas any man with a pulse can go on and on and on however unattractive they are. :angry::wallbash: Why did "Strictly" keep Bruce Forsyth, who surely needs to be pensioned off, and drop Arlene Phillips??

Anyway, back to SB - I thought she looked elegant and dignified and gave a good live performance (saw it on You Tube - didn't watch the X Factor either :P ). And yes, I hope she being well is looked after and isn't overwhelmed by it all.

K x

Mumble   

I think it's a fantastic CD (although I have had to create two play-lists for it on my computer, one with 'Silent Night' removed because I can't cope with that coming on in November! :lol:).

I think the song choices are excellent, particularly if you look into the original meaning of a number of the song-lyrics, many of which really do suit her. A number of these were favourite songs of mine previously anyway so having them together and well sung is great.

The only one I have a slight problem with (although actually the more I listen to it, the more I'm getting used to it as just a different version and enjoying it in and of itself) is 'Daydream Believer'. For some reason (possibly because I have it on my computer and watch it regularly... :rolleyes::lol:) I can't get Lee Mead in a very tight almost see through top singing that in one of his Any Dream Will Do auditions :wub: :wub: out of my mind and my mind doesn't like SB singing it :sick::unsure:

Edited by Mumble

JsMum   
I think it's a fantastic CD (although I have had to create two play-lists for it on my computer, one with 'Silent Night' removed because I can't cope with that coming on in November! :lol:).

I think the song choices are excellent, particularly if you look into the original meaning of a number of the song-lyrics, many of which really do suit her. A number of these were favourite songs of mine previously anyway so having them together and well sung is great.

The only one I have a slight problem with (although actually the more I listen to it, the more I'm getting used to it as just a different version and enjoying it in and of itself) is 'Daydream Believer'. For some reason (possibly because I have it on my computer and watch it regularly... :rolleyes::lol:) I can't get Lee Mead in a very tight almost see through top singing that in one of his Any Dream Will Do auditions :wub: :wub: out of my mind and my mind doesn't like SB singing it :sick::unsure:

I Did the same Mumble removed No 12 off for now, for the same reason as you its just too early for Christmassy songs!

The CD Pictures of her are lovely, all three of them, she certainly looks well now, anyway her memiors of wild horses she said it conjours up memories of childhood amongst council estate, poverty and struggle in the first verse irony and bitterness one of my personal favourites and an emotional release.

I have transfered her to my mp3 now too, will add on no 12 in middle of december.

oh yes Baddad I think she will make a bit more than a few quid!

JsMumxxx

Edited by JsMum

bid   

It does worry me though that she's apparently broken down in public again, crying and sucking her thumb going by the piccies in the paper :(

Bid :unsure:

baddad   
It does worry me though that she's apparently broken down in public again, crying and sucking her thumb going by the piccies in the paper :(

Bid :unsure:

I really don't think she's cut out for all this...

As I said, let's just hope she makes some quick money and gets out with (some degree of?) her sanity intact

Mind you - talking of perfect songs for her, Mumble's abusive kitten avatar got me thinking of that old Danny Kaye classic...

There once was an ugly duckling

With feathers all matted and brown

and all of the birds

in so many words

said:

- you're in't next round..

- you're in

- - you're in

- - you're in next round

and she went with a quack

and a waddle and a quack......

Mumble   
Mumble's abusive kitten avatar

:o He's patting the chick in a sympathetic manner. I dunno, I thought NTs could read body language...

baddad   
:o He's patting the chick in a sympathetic manner. I dunno, I thought NTs could read body language...

he's tenderising it's head! And who could blame him? Remember this from 'Oliver'?

Duck Glorious Duck!

Best served in a pancake

Girl mallards are best

Don't go for a man (drake)

Hoi sin and and some ginger too

Plum sauce and spring onion

Cucumber or shoot bamboo

Get stuck in, son...

Oh - I went out to a Chinese/German fusion restaurant the other night

It was very nice, but half an hour later I was hungry for power again....

Flora   

Hi all :D I don't post much/at all now but felt the urge to log on and post on here because I can't stand SB's voice (am I the only one?). When I'm in the car and wild horses is on the radio (which it is very frequently at the moment) I have to press the mute button or change stations (only to find their playing it on radio one as well as two!!! :D Her voice makes me want to drive the car into a wall!

anyway, just had to post. Hope all well with everyone :)

Flora

chris54   
Hi all :D I don't post much/at all now but felt the urge to log on and post on here because I can't stand SB's voice (am I the only one?). When I'm in the car and wild horses is on the radio (which it is very frequently at the moment) I have to press the mute button or change stations (only to find their playing it on radio one as well as two!!! :D Her voice makes me want to drive the car into a wall!

anyway, just had to post. Hope all well with everyone :)

Flora

So I'm not alone, I was starting to think I must have something wrong with my hearing.