Sign in to follow this  
elaine1

yearly statement meeting

:P

yayy at last, a meeting which went well.

toms sen was very happy with hi, this is the first meeting weve had at secondary school so were a bit apprehensive, but the teachers all seem very happy with his progress.

theyve also aplied for an extra 3 hours 1-1 which will help enourmously. he has 7 at the moment which compared to his primary -1and a half, is brilliant.

weve only got to prevent him from losing nearly all his stuff and were laughing hehe.

so far he has lost 2 coats - one twice we still havent got either of them back

a jumper

four hats

two pairs of gloves

numerous pens and pencils

a geometry set

his maths and english books

i dont mind about most of them but the coats are something he needs, he walks to school but im blowed if im buying him another one - they can help him look for the ones at school already!

:wallbash:

Elaine,

It's lovely to hear some good news :thumbs:

With regards to missing/lost property items, since my son began comprehensive he has lost a full P.E. kit that consisted of a rugby jersey, P.E. shorts, P.E. socks and daps and he has lost one pullover - two other pullovers were stolen from him. As you can imagine I was angry about the thefts because school uniform is so expensive to buy... Daniel did check in the lost property office but his belongings were nowhere to be seen.

A few months later I had an informal conversation with the deputy head, I decided to mention the missing pullovers. Later that week Daniel came home with three school pullovers, there was also a note in his home/school book. They weren't the original pullovers that had gone missing, the DH had sent the pullovers home to me as a gesture of goodwill, these pullovers had been in the lost property office for over a year, no one had reclaimed them.

Both the DH and Daniel's LSA had taken the time to go through the many items of unclaimed school clothing. They chose well, the pullovers were in very good condition - one wash in the machine and the pullovers were like brand new.

Elaine, whenever an item of school uniform goes missing with your son next time, why don?t you approach the school to see if it would be prepared to supply you with a similar match from its lost property office?