Tally

(Swine???) Flu

I think I have flu. I fell really awful, completely bunged up and exhausted and all confused and dopey (even more than usual). I've spent most of the day in bed. The cat is annoyed because I am fidgety and keep having to sit up to hack up half a lungful.

I used the NHS Direct swine flu symptom checker and it told me I was having a heart attack and should dial 999 immediately :rolleyes:

Hi Tally.

If you have the bug Ben and myself had a few weeks ago it is horid....sorry to bring bad news.

It was certainly flu although whether it was swine flu I don't know.

Started with a temperature and sore throat.Developed a dreadful cough which lasted about three weeks.

I ended up coughing up blood stained and green rubbish.I have very mild asthma and don't usually need inhalers but ended up using steroid inhaler I had obtained from a friend. :whistle::whistle::oops:

Evidently the Drs down my way now believe almost any respiratory infection to be viral and so would not prescribe antibiotics.

If it is likely to be flu then don't bother calling an ambulance.

We were originally one of the swine flu hotspots last August.

First the GP surgery had a sign saying call NHS direct imediately and obtain Tamiflu if needed from the collection point.

Then a few weeks later the sign said call NHS direct if you wish but you may be able to manage with over the counter remedies.

A few weeks later the sign basically said if you have flu don't bother us on any account....go home take over the counter remedies and on no account come near us.

When Ben was given a code for tamiflu by the national flu pandemic service it took me two hours to find out where the collection point was. :D

Karen.

Edited by Karen A

Mine started with a sore throat, then cough, and now I am bunged right up with green stuff. I've only had a high temperature once in my entire life, so I'm not reading too much into the fact that I don't have one now. I'm allergic to antibiotics anyway, and I don't like the sound of Tamiflu, so I don't think I will be bothering to go to the Dr at all.

It told me to call an ambulance because jaw pain can be deferred pain from a heart attack. In my case I am fairly sure it's deferred pain from my HEADACHE. It's the pain in my eye sockets that is the worst.

Good thing about living near my parents now is that they can come and fetch me supplies!

So sorry you not feeling well >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

My younger two boys both have a very chesty cough since last sunday,they had four nights of very high temperature and aches and pains so were very moody and unomfortable.They are not to blocked up now but the cough is still there.My six year old got the cough first but wasnt that blocked up he had pain in his legs and arms for two days and has had earache for 8 days,he still has the cough its been just over 2 weeks now,but he has no other pain.I usually insist on inhalers as we all suffer from asthma,especially for my baby,but I decided not to overreact and see what happens and as I say they seem to be over the worst of it,just hope they completely better by christmas :pray:

I do hope you get well soon :)

as others have said there is a wicked chesty cough going round at the moment. both K and my father have had it. K was really rough for about 5 days and still has a gunky chest. i'm hoping i'm spared as i always wind up on steroids when i get a chesty cough.

hope you feel better soon!

Sorry to hear you are unwell Tally.

I've also been unwell this week, started with what i thought was a cold but then it rapidly got worse and had a really high temp. Was then confined to bed for a couple of days, had vomiting, diarrhoea and little appetite. As well as all that was the hacking cough and snotting aliens (where does it all come from?!) Think I'm getting over the worst of it now, got a little appetite back but nothing is agreeing with me still. Ate pizza but that has made me feel nauseous again :sick: I'm so fed up of feeling sick now!

Oh yeah I used the pandemic flu thing online and it said that I had flu but I didn't print of the code :unsure: My chest still hurts too.

:sick: :sick: :sick:

Edited by ScienceGeek