suze79

Xmas Song No.1

I have been supporting the much publisied facebook to get Rage Against the Machine to number 1 but i came across this today and it is absoultley beautiful. Tim Minchin is donating 50% to Autism Research which is just fantastic. Its available to but on itunes. Please give it a listen. It cheered me up having just came in from shopping in town and J having a panic attack over the stairs that have wide gaps. It is an absoultley beautiful song.

Hi Suze79

Thanks for the link. He sounds great, and the lyrics are actually really funny, although he delivers them in a serious way!

Really like Tim Minchin... even when he's doing something that could so easily be mawkish (like this) he manages not to be :thumbs::thumbs::notworthy:

Any idea why he's donating to autism research specifically and which research? Hopefully nothing to do with DAN or Autism Speaks or anything like that? I would guess not, going on what I know of him, but even the best intentions can sometimes be misdirected :(

L&P

BD :D

I don't know why he has chosen to give to autism research but apparantly he his giving the money to the National Autistic Society. :D

Hi Suze79

Thanks for the link. He sounds great, and the lyrics are actually really funny, although he delivers them in a serious way!

Surely you mean that the lyrics are serious but some are delivered in a comic way.

I don't know why he has chosen to give to autism research but apparantly he his giving the money to the National Autistic Society. :D

:thumbs:

Don't see eye to eye with everything the NAS do but i do think they're the 'safest bet' generally, IYKWIM

Annoyingly I missed him when he played locally in October (I debated whether I could get a sitter or whether Ben would enjoy it if i took him along etc too long and the tickets sold out :wallbash: )...

Be interesting to find out why he chose NAS - there's usually some sort of personal connection for why peeps choose specific charities. But then I guess that's his business! :lol::shame:

L&P

:D

Surely you mean that the lyrics are serious but some are delivered in a comic way.

Hi chris54

I really do mean:

the lyrics are actually really funny, although he delivers them in a serious way!

Despite supporting RATM, I have also downloaded this song.

Tim Minchin is fantastic - Inflatable You - class song. I have two of his albums.

:thumbs:

Hi chris54

I really do mean:

the lyrics are actually really funny, although he delivers them in a serious way!

Perhaps I should have said that the meaning/ message behind the lyrics is serious.