Sign in to follow this  
asereht

Hello and seasons greetings to all

Hi everyone, I don't know if you will remember me,but, I used to be on here quite a lot.

I left the board a year (or more) ago as I felt things had moved on for me.

Things are still good and my son K, - dx at 13 with AS, dyspraxia and other co-morbids, who went through hell through his teenage years in school,( I had to take him out for 6 months at 14 and he left with no exams at 16, we got him onto a course for people with disabilities) - continues to do well.

He is now a fine young man,(19 after xmas!). He is in college studying computer science and doing very well.

He has friends and a social life both in and out of college.

We never thought we would see this day :)

This board was such a help to me then and thinking back over the last few years and realising how far we have come, I just wanted to pop on and say...Thankyou to all who helped me then. I am sure some of you may still be around.

To all who are going through a bad time, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

May you all have happy times this holiday season and may the new year bring joy and hope to all :).

Take care,

Theresa

Edited by asereht

I remember you!! :D>:D<<'>

My son is now 20, and like your DS has far excelled our expectations! He has a full-time job and a (rather strange :lol: ) social life too :thumbs:

Really lovely to hear your good news and nice to see you again!

Bid :)

Course I remember you: our situations were very similar and you were always supportive of me. Good to hear your son is doing well. :thumbs: L is doing OK too: doing an Access course at college and in the process of applying to Uni.

A very Happy Christmas to you >:D<<'>

K x

May you all have happy times this holiday season and may the new year bring joy and hope to all :).

Take care,

Theresa

And right back at you :)

L&P

BD :D