bid

New Year London Mini Meet

I'll wear my bacofoil helmet - that'll keep the devil at bay!

And it's sparkly

:D

But does it co-ordinate??

'Cos ya not sitting near me or Kathryn if your ensemble clashes!! :P

Bid :)

13th OK for me. :) I still have the Pizza Express card - somewhere... :unsure:

K x

Do you think we'll need to book? Not sure how many are coming now, as we were only 6 last time...

I still have the Pizza Express card - somewhere... :unsure:

I dunno - we gave it to you to look after because we thought you were the responsible one... :whistle::devil:

Did we decide where we are actually going in London? :lol:

The big yellow cross... :unsure: Unless peeps have other ideas, that was just me being unimaginative and saying 'same as last time'. I'm happy to go anywhere provided it doesn't have any big Valentines special on and isn't filled with loved up people :wub: :wub:

Edit: To add link to picture of the Big Yellow Cross

Edited by Mumble

I dunno - we gave it to you to look after because we thought you were the responsible one... :whistle::devil:

Appearances can be soooo deceptive. :P As you would know if you saw my house and the cluttter therein. At least I have a month to find the blasted thing. :hypno::rolleyes:

K x

The big yellow cross sounds like a good plan to me. Can someone remind me where it was again?

Outside the London Transport Museum, Covent Garden :)

Just so no-one gets confused, I added that big yellow cross to the photo, there isn't literally a big cross there at all, it just marks the area we're meeting in. :D The baubles aren't there now either, as it's not Christmas.

OK, so Sat 13th Feb, the Big Yellow Cross at...

12 midday OK with everyone? Or do we want to make it earlier?

Bid :wacko:

Edited by bid

12 midday OK with everyone? Or do we want to make it earlier?

12 is good for me; I'll try my hardestest not to get 'lost' in the obsessiveness containing shops on the way :hypno::lol:

But if others want to meet earlier or later, that's also quite OK with me too, my bus runs every 8 minutes on a Saturday, 24 hours a day... :D

I just had a thought ...

A word of warning to anyone who is coming via Waterloo station and walking over Waterloo Bridge - they're currently digging up the bridge (no, I didn't think you could dig up a bridge, either, but it seems you can :unsure:). I don't know if they will have finished work by then or if they work on Saturdays, but if they haven't and it is like it is now, be prepared for one of the pavements being closed and having to work out the right exit from the underpass to the pavement on the other side of the bridge, and also, maybe because the bridge vibrates, the roadworks are particularly noisy.

Hi,

12h is ok with me but not earlier because I don't live in London. Looking forward to meeting you all again!

BTW, Yellow cross and Pizza Hut on 13th sounds good to me.

Danaxxx

Sat 13th Feb, 12 midday, at the Big Yellow Cross.

Bid

Jaded

Tally

Trekster

Jannih

Kathryn

Dana

BD - Ben

Any more?? :D

Edited by bid

:oops:

Sat 13th Feb, 12 midday, at the Big Yellow Cross.

Bid

Mumble!!

Jaded

Tally

Trekster

Jannih

Kathryn

Dana

BD - Ben

Any more?? :D

I'd like to join you please.

Barefoot

:thumbs: Just remember your shoes, I wouldn't go round the streets of London barefooted :)

If everyone on the list is definitely a definite to come, that makes 11 people. Do we think it would be a good idea to book a table in advance or at least enquire as to whether this is necessary? :unsure:

Mmmm pizza :eat:

Last time we went, the place was almost deserted when we arrived, but we were a smaller group and it can be harder to accommodate a larger group (they may need to push tables together or something). Also, it's valentines weekend, so it may be busier. I think booking is a good idea. It might be a good idea to book for 12 even though we are only 11. Then we still have space for more, and it's easy enough for them to remove than add places on the day.

Does anyone know if Trekster is still coming, since I haven't seen any posts from her lately?

Don't know if anyone else has food allergies/intolerances, but I searched online for pizza hut's menu and there is basically nothing that they list as GF/DF - the odd topping/item they do which shouldn't have either has an 'I/C' rating, which basically means not listed in the ingredients but still likely of cross contamination from the preparation process... and even if you gamble with 'I/C' there's not really enough I/C ingredients to make up a decent meal or even topping for a base taken from home...

the allergy info sheet can be found:

here

L&P

BD :D

It's Pizza Express we were planning on.

If you have really good eyesight, you might be able to read their allergy information here: http://www.pizzaexpress.com/our-food/Pizza...Information.pdf

The only things that are GF/CF (or can be made that way easily) seem to be the salads and one choice of dessert. Does Ben like salad?

It's Pizza Express we were planning on.

If you have really good eyesight, you might be able to read their allergy information here: http://www.pizzaexpress.com/our-food/Pizza...Information.pdf

The only things that are GF/CF (or can be made that way easily) seem to be the salads and one choice of dessert. Does Ben like salad?

Hey - that's MUCH better! (tally, you can increase the 'zoom leve' in the pdf file using 'zoom' :lol: )

Suze - yep, that was what i had planned, but if it had been 'HUT' it wouldn't have worked...

I can have a look in more detail later, but just from a quick glance I know Ben would be fine with some of their starters and 'light' menu, and a few of the mains look okay if they don't put in the dough sticks etc... and I can easily take him some breadsticks or garlic bread from home :thumbs:

Does Ben like salad? Ben loves 'food' :lol:

going from the starters here he'd love the 'Olives Marinate' (as long as they were black olives, not green) and/or the Rustica Tomatoes (don't sound too shabby to me, either!).... He'd also love the Porcini mushroom risotto so if they do a main of that we're sorted!

I've not even considered pizza etc for so long I had no idea I could take him there, but i'm now gonna look to see if there's a local 'express' for a trial run! On the downside, I can't even LOOK at pizza/pasta without putting on half a stone, so we won't be able to make a habit of it!

thanks, tally

L&P

BD :D

going from the starters here he'd love the 'Olives Marinate' (as long as they were black olives, not green)

They're green and black. :eat: I like the black ones and my sister likes the green ones so we're like Jack Sprat and his wife and just share them. :eat1:

Perhaps when we make the booking we could double-check what they can do for Ben (is there anyone else who needs anything special??)

They're green and black. :eat: I like the black ones and my sister likes the green ones so we're like Jack Sprat and his wife and just share them. :eat1:

He'll tell them they can stuff the green ones!

Erm, is someone actually going to book this and are we assuming everyone on the list is coming as no-one has said they can't? Just a bit concerned because although the place we went was pretty empty last time, we are a bigger group this time and it is Valentines weekend :wub::balloon: and apparently things are busy/over-priced that weekend. :unsure:

Or are we just going to turn up and hope for the best and hope someone in the group has good negotiation skills if thing are busy? :unsure:

i hadn't realised it was going to be busier due to valentines weekend. i might give this one a miss.

Alexis (whose finding the weather messes up her fibro anyway)

I don't mind booking it if necessary, but wondered if people would like to try a different pizza express this time? There's a good one on the South Bank down one of the back streets more or less behind the Royal Festival Hall. It's pretty huge as well and seems to be able to accommodate large numbers easily - (possibly because no one knows it's there! :lol: ). We could still meet in the same place and walk there, it's not too far and a pleasant stroll across the river. Plenty to do on the South Bank before and after as well.

Hadn't thought of Valentines Day being a problem: hopefully everyone will leave their celebrations till the Sunday. But if people think it will make a difference, we could postpone till the 20th?

K x

There's a good one on the South Bank down one of the back streets more or less behind the Royal Festival Hall. It's pretty huge as well and seems to be able to accommodate large numbers easily - (possibly because no one knows it's there! :lol: ).

Yeah, been there, it's nice. There's also a really nice one on the corner of Trafalgar Square, but that one is often busy on normal days.

We could still meet in the same place and walk there, it's not too far and a pleasant stroll across the river.

Not so pleasant whilst they're digging up the bridge at the moment, I'm afraid :(

But if people think it will make a difference, we could postpone till the 20th?

Nope, 13th is on my planner... :rolleyes::lol:

Not so pleasant whilst they're digging up the bridge at the moment, I'm afraid :(

Which bridge? I'm talking about the footbridge by Embankment tube on the Royal Festival hall side - walked across last Saturday and it was fine.

Happy to leave it at 13th - just thought I'd ask. :lol:

J x

Could we maybe have a head count as to who is definitely coming?

Me!

Me too.

I don't think Pizza Express will be overrun by the Valentine Lovebirds. So we should be OK.

Considering how quiet the restaurant was last time, it could get quite a lot busier before it became a problem. I think a few people might go to London for weekend breaks, but I don't think there will be hoardes of people considering it's not very warm this time of year.

Could we maybe have a head count as to who is definitely coming?

I have one head. People often look at me as if I have two, but I definitely only have one. My head and I are both coming. :D

Which bridge? I'm talking about the footbridge by Embankment tube on the Royal Festival hall side - walked across last Saturday and it was fine.

Waterloo Bridge - it's more direct than the Hungerford Footbridge (which if we walk over you risk being bored to death with the history of... :rolleyes:)

Looks like people think it probably won't be a problem - I'm just good at panicking, particularly when a lack of food is involved!! But I'm happy just to go along and hope for the best/use others' negotiation skills to get my pizza. :eat::lol: