Sally44

Dad in hospital

I've not been on the forum for a couple of days.

My father has end stage dementia and pneumonia. He's been in hospital since Thursday. He's sedated and unconscious. It's only a matter of time before he dies. He's receiving palliative care. He's had no food for water for days.

So sad to see him reduced to this.

I know none of you knew him. But he was a good father and husband to my mother.

I'm not saying we never had family fallouts, because everyone does.

I would give anything to have another conversation with him.

my thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult period i personally experienced something smiliar twice this year so know how you feel so heartbreaking and deverstates people bad! but memories are forever no one can rob you of them ever the ones you've made together the fun happy times got to remember you had them that will keep you mentally strong i know how hard it is to keep positive and emotionally 'hold it together' for your family....

"memories last a life time they can take away futures hope and dreams but not the memories made of yestoday"

it hard to cope and deal with everything that's happening you feel so drained and tired from whole situation

all i remembered that for my close relatives were seriously ill ( critical/terminal) condition in hospital that their pain suffering in illnesses they had for long time would soon end even though i miss them so much so bad my heart is broken

saying goodbye and letting go to someone you so love and care about is one hardest tasks someone ever has to do .... i think ..... i think they are in best place in heaven being my special angels watching down over me .....

take care

i hope havn't made you more sad or depressed you further

XKLX

Hi Sally

It must be very sad for you watching your Dad go downhill. My thoughts are with you.

Jannih xx

I've not been on the forum for a couple of days.

My father has end stage dementia and pneumonia. He's been in hospital since Thursday. He's sedated and unconscious. It's only a matter of time before he dies. He's receiving palliative care. He's had no food for water for days.

So sad to see him reduced to this.

I know none of you knew him. But he was a good father and husband to my mother.

I'm not saying we never had family fallouts, because everyone does.

I would give anything to have another conversation with him.

Oh Sally, I lost my dear dad in exactly the same circumstances in July 2006 :(

I feel for you so much and send all my sympathy >:D<<'>

Bidx :(

So sorry to hear your sad news. Thinking of you with deepest sympathy.

Sally

I am very sorry to hear your sad news.

My mother died under similar circumstances in May, and although the pain has eased it still feels very raw.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Barefoot x

Sally

I am so sorry to hear your sad news.

I lost my mother three years ago this month, and it still hurts, but it does get better with time.

Simon

Thanks for your messages.

Dad passed away early this morning.

Thinking of you Sally,

We lost mum-in-law last Jan with dementia. Very sad end, but in time you'll remember happier memories. Make sure you give yourself time to grieve, it's not something you can push to the back of your mind while you get on with life, or it may come back with a vengeance when you least expect it. I feel bereavement is the one thing in life you can't pretend hasn't happened, so you have to just go through it. It shows you loved him.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Sally.

I have not been around much the last couple of weeks and just read your thread.I am sorry and will be thinking of you and your family.

Karen.

Hi Sally

I just logged on after a while and saw your sad message. Hope everything isnt getting too much for you, and am sending you some hugs!

Hi Sally,

I am really sorry. My condolances. >:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'>

I haven't logged in for a while and saw your post only today.

danaxxx

Edited by dana

So sorry sally, you are honoured to have experienced a good Father, how are your children taking the news, I will be thinking about you and your family and send my prayers.

JsMumxxx

>:D<<'>