Sign in to follow this  
tjw

1st day back to school and its shut arrrrrrrh

hi

today was the 1st day back to school and the bloming thing is shut due to snow, ds has been stressing about going back saying he does not need school anymore ok at 7 yrs old you dont need school i dont think so, anyway he is now boncing off the walls and whoooooooooooping for more snow lol i have also had to call work and tell them the good news that i wont be coming in they were so pleased (not) i will have to have one of those silly back to work thingys now which i dont like, but hey it could be worse, going to build snowmen and have snowball fights all day now,

theresa

hi

today was the 1st day back to school and the bloming thing is shut due to snow, ds has been stressing about going back saying he does not need school anymore ok at 7 yrs old you dont need school i dont think so, anyway he is now boncing off the walls and whoooooooooooping for more snow lol i have also had to call work and tell them the good news that i wont be coming in they were so pleased (not) i will have to have one of those silly back to work thingys now which i dont like, but hey it could be worse, going to build snowmen and have snowball fights all day now,

theresa

Oh dear.Poor you!I would pull my hair out if I was in that situation :crying: Well try and have fun :)

hi justine

just come in from garden and i am very wet he completly bombed me and when you get him back he sreams blue murder but i do still have to get the odd snowball in lol i am going to dry off as usual he has striped off already he realy doesnt feel the cold, takecare

theresa

ps just been text from my friend school is shut tommorow as well helllllllllllllllp

Edited by tjw

It snowed here last night and had light snow showers most of the day but it warmed up, been below freezing for the last week , so most of the snow melted. Son was a bit disappointed, went out in the garden and played with was little there was. More snow is forecast tonight and its supposed to be getting colder so we will see.

It snowed here last night and had light snow showers most of the day but it warmed up, been below freezing for the last week , so most of the snow melted. Son was a bit disappointed, went out in the garden and played with was little there was. More snow is forecast tonight and its supposed to be getting colder so we will see.

hi chris

it has never stoped all day here in snowy yorkshire we have a good few inc and it is still snowing very heavy at mo looks like a snowman is on for tommorrow just told george that school is shut again and he is over joyed god help me when it reopens i will have to drag him they screaming and kicking lol

theresa

Well we're still awaiting the white stuff in the South East, much to my son's disappointment! Expected tomorrow.

K x

Well we're still awaiting the white stuff in the South East, much to my son's disappointment! Expected tomorrow.

K x

From the weather forcast Ive seen your part of the country its over night, then all day tomorrow, is your schools still open, many here are shut today and tomorrow, we had a good four inches today, more expected over night and then the same right throw to friday possibly going to last around 10 days!

So there is a big chance your son will be building snowmen soonxxxx

JsMumxx

We've aclually had a little already - it was snowing at about 8. So much for the forecast!

K x

It started here at about 7pm.At 6.30 I looked out and there was nothing at all,I told the boys they must go to bed normal time as its not snowing anf they might need to go to school.Then Sam looked out at 7.30pm (just before bed)and said"mum you telling porkys its snowing!" I looked out and the cars were covered and it was coming down so heavy,actually never seen it this bad!!!!

Well it's coming down quite heavily here - has been snowing all morning. Schools are closed of course. I'm glad I'm at home today!

What's it like where everyone else is?

K x

Nice and peaceful here :) The boys have been outside the whole morning,all the local kids came round begging for them to play,our house over looks a park,so they went there to build a snowman,I did some studying and peeked outside every so often to make sure all is well.

We have'nt had anymore snow but they say could come later and maybe even through until next week :oops:

I have two essays due so really need kids to be back at school so I can concentrate :pray:

Some of the mums said yesterday that people were getting extra shopping as there was panic over the poor weather.

Anyway enjoy it everyone ;)

Dunkirk Spirit here at work! :lol:

The residential special school where I work is in the depths of the countryside down a long winding lane, so 20 odd day staff sleeping in tonight, and certainly myself and another night staff will be sleeping here during the day tomorrow as we're working tomorrow night.

Bid :)

The residential special school where I work is in the depths of the countryside down a long winding lane, so 20 odd day staff sleeping in tonight, and certainly myself and another night staff will be sleeping here during the day tomorrow as we're working tomorrow night.

Same with my sons resi school, maybe they should do a Teachers Resi school! the teachers might actually get a good nights sleep! my son has had a day in the snow, NO LESSONS, but his school have been tarrific.

JsMumxxx

it snowed all night and day here! i haven't seen this much snow in this country. we dragged K (literally!) for a walk to the shops. she complained the whole time. we made snowmen in the afternoon - mine was a masterpiece, my mothers looked drunk, but then K was 'helping' her by hitting it with a plastic bat. my fathers ASD school run was cancelled, but hes going to do a special trip tomorrow (hopefully) to rescue the kids from the school so they dont have to stay the weekend as its meant to get a lot worse after tomorrow.

My son went back to school monday and hasnt been back since due to the snow.............its done nothing but snow in west yorkshire and its absolutley freezing the roads are hell............no gritters anywhere.Touch wood he should be back friday,the problem has been the school bus refused to come into the estate to pick up the kids and take them so the teachers had no one to teech so they gave up..........

im fed up of it all.

hi

got george back to school today and he was kicking and screaming all the way they but he had to go he has not been at school for a mth now he got swine flu just b4 school broke up so had an extra wk then, so his routine went and then he didnt want to go back said he was very clever and didnt need school just picked him up and he had a fab day was in the snow when i turned up doing snow angles bless

theresa

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::notworthy::notworthy: For you and the other staff.

My boys go to a school in Inner London.Major roads appear clear outside.Other schools in the area are open.

The boys were sent home at lunch time yesterday due to the weather.Instuctions to check this morning to see if school was open.I got up at 0630 only to discover the school is closed today.Message on web site that there would be information re Friday by 1800 but nothing as yet. :wallbash:

I think the issue is staff who live in other areas and commute but it is very frustrating.

Well, my youngest is seething because his big brother has been off all week and won't be in tomorrow either!

I pointed out to him that he was quick enough to tease his brother that he was going back to school before him, it has come back to bite him square on the bum!

Cal is now at 'Like, TOTALLY bored now, Mum!!!' stage- even his new Bopit toy has lost its appeal! Lady Gaga can no longer tempt him into singing along happily, and Super Mario has been discarded in favour of sprawling in melancholy on our sofa, whinging loudly at anyone who will listen.

At this point, even the dog tries to cover his ears!!!

I want this snow malarky to desist, forthwith, or I shall not be held responsible for stowing away on the next boat to Timbuktoo, in search of a quieter life!!!

Had a pretty grim delayed journey into London today and on the way back and will have to repeat it tomorrow. :wacko:. Both my offspring were off again today and my son's school is still closed tomorrow. He's loving it of course. The cat is less enamoured of the snow and keeps looking at me reproachfully as though I'm somehow responsible. :rolleyes:

K x

we keep having to recue the chickens from the garden. they come out of their house, take about 10 steps then realise how cold it is and stand there shaking until i go and carry them back indoors. then they repeat it 5 minutes later when they've forgotten about the snow :rolleyes: although Elsie has discovered a new way of keeping her feet warm cold chicken

Had a pretty grim delayed journey into London today and on the way back and will have to repeat it tomorrow. :wacko:. Both my offspring were off again today and my son's school is still closed tomorrow. He's loving it of course. The cat is less enamoured of the snow and keeps looking at me reproachfully as though I'm somehow responsible. :rolleyes:

K x

You made me Laugh about your Cat, My tom cat hates the rain but somehow tollerated the snow and he is staying out way too long that I worry he might be a frozen statue in someones garden, my female feline is in a very posh upright sitting position with her body as near to the radiator as possible with a smug grin on her face, I swear if cats did speak, they sure would speak their mind.

JsMumxxxx

I am getting so annoyed with the school,why do they only let us know at 7.30am if the school is shut :wallbash: Sam asks everynight before bed if they going to school,but got no idea what to say,tried explaining that we dont know until morning but he is getting annoyed.Also my eldest takes his bath first,at 7.15am,so he starts getting dressed then I have to say by the way you not going again :rolleyes: I think I will just get up late then if we arrive late to bad,we never been late for school,not even once,so there can be a first time ;)

I carried my cat out into the snow and he growled at me. I put him down on the ground, but he was terrified and got himself back inside as fast as he could (which wasn't very fast) and got into a bag and stayed there for the rest of the day!

I couldn't get to work today, but it did start to melt a little bit and I am going to try to get there tomorrow . . . very slowly.

But we are forecast more snow for the weekend.

Edited by Tally

Well I'm home! :lol:

Completely exhausted but home in one piece and actually had a brilliant time :thumbs:

Free food in the canteen, air beds all over the place and 'shared' a bed with two of the male staff :o:lol::devil: (I slept in it during the day, and they took it each night ;) )

Tomorrow to get re-aquainted with my family, then back in for overtime on Sunday...not sure what's going to happen though as I've just seen it's snowing heavily again :unsure: It's OK to have emergency measures for a couple of days, but what on earth are we all going to do if this continues??

Bid AKA Nanook of the North :D

Edited by bid