Sign in to follow this  
fieldmouse

Hello to everyone

...and I would like to say hello but only I have trouble putting up a signature so if anyone knows how to help me do it, the avatar works okay I think. I have made an entry on my 'About Me' page. :robbie:

And why does it say Norfolk Broads under my name? What is this? How do I change it? :wacko:

Edited by fieldmouse

...and I would like to say hello but only I have trouble putting up a signature so if anyone knows how to help me do it, the avatar works okay I think. I have made an entry on my 'About Me' page. :robbie:

Hi and welcome. You can put a signature as normal text using the edit signature controls (where you would have put the code box in). The forum doesn't allow links to pictures which may be why it didn't work.

And why does it say Norfolk Broads under my name? What is this? How do I change it? :wacko:

You mean you're not from the Norfolk Broads? That's were all members come from... Nope, Norfolk Broads is your posting status, built on a system of flat to hills to mountains. The more posts you make, the higher you go - that's how you change it. I'm currently climbing K2; I've been here far too long :wacko:

Hi and welcome. You can put a signature as normal text using the edit signature controls (where you would have put the code box in). The forum doesn't allow links to pictures which may be why it didn't work.

You mean you're not from the Norfolk Broads? That's were all members come from... Nope, Norfolk Broads is your posting status, built on a system of flat to hills to mountains. The more posts you make, the higher you go - that's how you change it. I'm currently climbing K2; I've been here far too long :wacko:

This server is bad. It's taking ages to load a reply.

Why can't you put up a signature picture. All the other sites do and artwork is just about my favorite thing.

The site was 'attacked' a few years ago and some very unsavoury images posted... that's part of the reasoning, but there were other considerations too.

There is nothing to stop you posting pictures, though - you just do it through links to external sites rather than direct posting, like this:

totallyrandomUcertinternetpiccylinkyplinkything

using the green 'insert link' arrow in the messaging task bar.

And you can update your avatar anythime you want (I like yours, BTW - had a similar idea myself a while back but never got around to using it!):

similarunusedideathatnevergotusedlinkyplinkything

Hope that's helpful

L&P

BD

The short answer is security.

This site has been targetted by hackers in the past who have been succesful in causing the forum to crash so we have adopted an ultra-cautious aproach to web site security. As a site allowing in-line links to external picture etc. is less secure than a site that allows them the pictures had to go. You can still add your personal choice of Avatar and there is a reasonable range of smilies, but that is as far as it goes.

Simon