Mumble

'Normal' Caffeine Intake?

Does anyone know what is considered a normal caffeine intake? I've tried looking on t'interweb but all I found was answers such as 'it varies' and 'depends on the individual'. Not much help when I've been told to ensure my intake is at a normal or below normal level. :unsure:

I don't think I consume too much - I don't drink coffee or cola as I don't like the taste - I only drink tea, on average 3 - 4 cups a day in the Winter. I do eat more chocolate than I should which I know contains caffeine, but it's milk chocolate which I don't think has much caffeine in it.

Does this sound normal enough? And does anyone know of a nice decaffeinated teabag tea that tastes the same as PG? I don't drink tea because of the caffeine so it wouldn't be a problem cutting it out if I could find an alternative that tasted the same. And don't suggest fruit or peppermint teas - eugh!!!! :lol:

Try Rooibos(or red bush) tea its african tea.My mother only drinks Rooibos.I used to drink tesco decaf,because Sam started drinking tea at age two so brought decaf mainly for him,the taste was alright.I dont think you can get one that tastes exactly like the brand you mention,I believe the caffeine gives a stronger better flavour(my opinion)

Maybe you can have 1 or 2 caffienated cups and then 2 decaf.As for the chocolate not sure how much is not to much ad dont know what to suggest.I only eat one chocolate bar a month,at "that time" :whistle:

Sorry dont know if I have helped :unsure:

Edited by justine1

Try Rooibos(or red bush) tea its african tea.My mother only drinks Rooibos.I used to drink tesco decaf,because Sam started drinking tea at age two so brought decaf mainly for him,the taste was alright.I dont think you can get one that tastes exactly like the brand you mention,I believe the caffeine gives a stronger better flavour(my opinion)

Thanks, but I've tried that one and didn't really like it. I hadn't thought about the caffeine making it strong, but that makes sense because I like my tea strong and decaf ones don't seem to have enough taste.

I only eat one chocolate bar a month,at "that time" :whistle:

One chocolate bar? I don't understand this concept. :lol: Actually, I could quite happily live on just one chocolate bar. It would just have to be a very big chocolate bar!! :eat::lol:

I am sensitive to caffine and after slowly withdawing from Tea I am finally caffine free, I researched the De Caffinated and decided against as they use toxins to take away the caffine, I would say no more than 2 cups of tea a day, and no later than 7pm.

I did do a course on Anxiety and there is a limit of how much caffine you should have, but I cant remember and I dont have the course info now.

I drink herbal tea now, twinnings all natural and no artificial flavours, even J drinks them but insists on Two teabags in his.

JsMumxxxx

PG and Tetley do a de-caf variety. Have to say I usually use Tesco decaf and it seems fine to me...

Just drink red wine instead :devil:

Bid :D

I have no idea what would be considered normal, but perhaps it would be a good idea to ask your doctor what kind of level would be alright.

Whatever "normal" is, I'm sure I far exceed it! :hypno::hypno: There's hardly a minute of the day when i don't have a cup of coffee or tea in my hand.

3 - 4 cups a day doesn't sound a lot to me but I suppose it depends when you drink it - too close to bedtime is not a good idea. I don't think I'm very sensitive to caffeine but my daughter gets really hyper on one cup of coffee.

You might like Rooibos, many do, so give it a try. Personally I find it disgusting, even though I'm from southern Africa myself. :rolleyes:

K x

Don't forget about the antioxidant properties in tea, it's not all bad. Somewhere in the dregs (NPI!) of my mind I think up to 5/6 cups a day is considered 'moderate' in tea drinking terms.

Currently only drinking coffee myself but we have Tesco decaf children's teabags somewhere going musty. As a non tea drinker they tasted OK.

Well if I take Bid and Mossgrove's advice, I shall be very 'happy' by the time the mini-meet comes along :lol::wine::cheers::drunk: - shame I don't actually like any of the aforementioned beverages. :lol:

It seems I'm probably well within normal limits, and particularly with it being tea it's a lot less than someone who drinks a comparable amount of coffee. Knowing how much real coffee (mmm - I love the smell, just hate the taste :rolleyes:) the students in my group get through, I'm not worried I could be told I'm drinking too much.

I may give the decaf version a go again just to try - it was years ago when it first came out and I could really tell the difference (it was a different colour for a start) as they may have made it more like proper tea now. I've never heard of kids tea :unsure: - I dunno, I was brought up on the proper stuff and it never did me no harm :wacko::lol:

I drink way more than that. Five cups of (strong) coffee a day minimum. An invaluable aid to getting up in the morning!

Is it possible to ask whoever told you to restrict your intake what they mean by 'normal'?

I've just bought a tinted under eye dark circle camouflage roll -on thing - the latest addition to my ever growing anti -ageing arsenal. :rolleyes: Apparently caffeine is one of the main ingredients. Why - what does it do to skin I wonder???! Would it be cheaper just to bathe my eyes in coffee? :lol:

K x

you'd probably get an attractive fake tan effect too :lol:

But only around her eyes, so she'd end up looking like a panda! :ph34r:

I had a shower gel that was meant to wake you up, which contained caffeine. I shower before I go to bed though, and it didn't keep me awake . . . smelt noce though!

But only around her eyes, so she'd end up looking like a panda! :ph34r:

So really I should just dunk my entire face in my next Cappucino perhaps? :lol:

K x

So really I should just dunk my entire face in my next Cappuccino perhaps? :lol:

Indeed. In fact, you could sell it as a face-mask thingy. You could give us a demonstration with coffee after lunch on Saturday. ;):whistle: They might kick us out before we get a chance to pay the bill. :thumbs::devil:

So really I should just dunk my entire face in my next Cappucino perhaps? :lol:

K x

When I was young I remember bathing in tea!! It was suggested to get your legs a nice tan colour you should rub a teabag on them or bathe in tea to stain your legs. I don't remember it working that well. :rolleyes:

~ Mel ~

When I was young I remember bathing in tea!!

With or without milk and sugar? :unsure::lol:

In fact, the well known high street tea shop sells (at least at Christmas anyway - they may be novelty items) bath-sized teabags :lol:

Now if they're used to give a fake-tan to the outside of the body, what colour am I now after years of tea-drinking on the inside? :unsure::wacko: