zaman

Autistic Boy given bleach

The article says she placed Bleach blocks in the next doors pond and only 4 fish survived so she had some awareness of the potential risk bleach could do, if she has forced bleach down her son for it to kill him its clear she isnt a well person, its a very tragic story and hopefully we will have more information soon.

Prayers for the boy.

JsMumxx

:pray:

Until more facts come out, and maybe not even then, we won't know what was in this mother's head and what led up to this. In the meantime people will continue to argue vociferously that she is a ) an ordinary mother who started out doing her best, and was just overwhelmed, or b ) that she is a murderous psychopath. These views will be fuelled by the Sun and Daily Mail who will continue to dig up any juicy bits of info to prove that SS or the mother are devils incarnate, when the truth might be something less spectacular. Extreme depression is an illness and can warp normal reasoning to the extent that extreme acts of cruelty appear like acts of kindness. This may or may not be not be what happened here, but it won't make such a good story in any case.

I agree with Pearl that it's not for us to judge this woman based on what's been reported so far, and I also agree with Baddad that it shouldn't be judged any less seriously because an autistic child is involved.

I hope the powers can do right by the surviving child and give him a fresh start and the chance of a better life. :(:pray:

K x

Yes ,baddad you are right there is a middle ground,I was giving examples of different "murders" that have been in the press,and this women may fall into the " evil" category or something in the middle category,only time will tell. On some level SS shoud'nt be made scapegoats,but I cant say not at all.I am not blaming the neighbours at all,so dont know why you got that idea,it is our responsibilty to protect all children by reporting abuse to SS,definatley have no argument with that,I said it seems their pleas for the boys to be taken was not being heard/acted upon.As I mentioned in my other post it is often money (lack of resources)and (as you mentioned in your other post) parents charm and lies,that prevent children been taken away.My frind is an SS she has told me many things that will shock you about SS,buts not them,its money!!!!

I also metioned it is not easy for SS to make such a decision to take a child away,they never know if they making the right or wrong decision.

Just to say I am neither blind nor ignorant!It is very true that some parents should not be parents and if these children had been taken away and evidence of abuse came to light than nobody would be defending her(and to add dont think anyone is)

Firstly I can say I have never been that stressed or end of my tether to even contemplate killing my kids and trust me I have been through really terrible situations,once I lived in a car with my eldest for two weeks and on at least five occassions we have gone to bed hungry.It is hearbreaking.But I have thought of calling SS when my family and their dad were not being supprtive,I have also felt like just walking off,but I have managed to just take a bath and get calm before resorting to either of these things.It is easy when you looking from the outside in,it is so hard having four kids and very little support,I mentioned before in another post I have never been to a pub,party or any other social event or just unwind,not for nearly 10 YEARS I have no break from my kids,I always have at least two of them at any given time of the day,week or month.So it really is 24/7 for me.

As I say I am not excusing it,SS have been envolved in my life before(because of my ex) it was not pleasant but at the same if my kids were taken from me because I was endangering them,then regardless of how upset I would be,SS would have saved four lives.To me thats what should have happened in this case.I think baddad you agree they should have been taken into care so why werent they?My question is no matter how many lies and cups of tea I feed SS if my kids are in danger they will take them,and generally speaking they do this on a daily basis.It is not to pin the blame on them,she should have NEVER killed her son!!!It is to get answers so such things dont keep repeating themselves as it seems to be.

I think it is worth bearing in mind that the main aim of newspaper collumists is to sell newspapers.They do not always worry too much about accuracy to detail.

The case is now long since over and books have been written about the Jenkins family [billy Joe Jenkins].Years down the line there are only occasional mentions in the media.The press do not worry about the impact of reporting on the family.However it was regarded as acceptable to include detailed reporting and intusive detail regading the remaining children and wife in the case each time the case cropped up in the media over the years.If the press really cared a tiny bit they would have been more sensitive. :tearful::tearful::tearful:

In another case a few months ago our local paper included a detailed report regarding a local GP.The GP is now serving a prison sentence for an indecent assault on a patient.I have no sympathy for the now ex-GP at all.However it is to me completely unacceptable to print in local press the road that he lived in.The man had a wife and children who were completely innocent and yet it is regarded as acceptable to print a street name in the paper. :tearful::wallbash: Not only does a wife have to cope with attempting to remain at work knowing that everyone knows awful detail about her situation.The children have to go to school.The local press have an explicit aim of naming and shaming individuals however they had no thought for the family in this situation.

On a much lighter note we regard with great amusement the frequent coverage of Dizzy Rascall in the media.He is portrayed as coming from some ghetto where gang crime is rife.

My husband taught him in Sunday school.

Edited by Karen A

You're right - I'm not a very big fan of the media.

Funny about Dizzy Rascal. And I'm guessing your husband doesn't teach in the Bronx? :P

:lol:

The willful murder of a child (autistic or otherwise) is the most henious of all crimes.

To effectivly torture a child while murdering them goes beyond henious,

To torture and murder a disabled child....

Upon a guilty verdict,plug her in,I'll happily throw the switch!