Sign in to follow this  
baddad

Anybody been watching supernanny?

Violent/aggressive kids on the last episode and a food phobic kid on the next...

No specific mention of autism, but for anyone with an open mind about the causes of unreasonable behaviour in children there's undoubtedly heaps of sound advice/practical solutions to be 'seen in action'.

Ben watched it this morning and commented that he remembered the 'naughty step'. He also immediately spotted when the father didn't follow through and let his 2 year old get off the step to eat her dinner, and when he gave in to her over a food related issue later on. Some very fine reasoning from a twelve year old autie, eh? Perhaps he can do supernannying for work experience in a few years time! :lol:

L&P

BD :D

I have her new show recorded for my tellyviewing joy.......awful, I know, but it helps me to see that other people's kids are infinitely more awful than my own!! :lol:

i felt very sorry for the little girl who had eating issues. wee girl age 4 mealtimes were soo stressful for both her and her mother.

the mum was soo worried and anxious about her daughter not eating that she force fed the child who ended up very distressed.

was happy to see that mealtimes were becoming more relaxed and that the wee girl was beginning to eat without food being forced back her throat.

the one with the violent little boy and the 2yr old was also interesting. but his mum admitted herself that she did not want anyone to disipline her son, and she did not do it either because he was her 'baby' at 5 yrs old. But dad wasn't really allowed to intervine too much either because he was not the wee boy's biological father. All he did was tell him to hit 'dad' and not mummy, which wasn't really teaching him anything other than re-enforcing that its OK to hit, kick and punch.

I have her new show recorded for my tellyviewing joy.......awful, I know, but it helps me to see that other people's kids are infinitely more awful than my own!! :lol:

No No No - you're blaming the kids :shame: ...

Pretty much every episode shows it aint the kids at all - if it was the kids then supernanny couldn't make any difference at all, could she?

That said, though, that's exactly what these programmes are for. whether it's that scottish bint and the wobbly pink thing showing you how disgusting other people's housework can be or Jeremy Kyle showing you that the lowest common denominator was far lower than you ever imagined, the real hook to these programmes is the 'well I'm not that bad so I'm okay' factor. The trouble is, for every viewer that isn't that bad there will be another who is but is also an expert in self deception! :lol:

:D