Sign in to follow this  
Sooze2

Well, its looks like the meds DO work!

Well. it's nearly 2am and I've just checked DS before going to bed myself and he is still awake! I put my head around the door, was about to go in and turn his TV off (only ever used for the playstation) and he is wide awake watching a DVD with his freind who is sleeping over sound asleep next to him.

He is usually asleep around 10, I turned the light off at 11.30 due to freind staying and lots of anticts going on I let them stay up. Last night he was still awake at 12.30am and woke at 7.30 am so around 6 hours sleep was had IF he went to sleep when I turned his light off! He should have been out for the count as soon as his head hit the pillow tonight really eh!?

He hasn't had his sleep meds for the second night running due to me forgetting to pick the prescription up, I knew there was something I had to do on Friday...............

Well at least I now know they work, DH thinks they don't due to him still taking ages to sleep but is usually off to la la land by 10.30 at the latest.

Boy are we all going to suffer tomorrow!

Had to tell someone since I'm still up.

Must go and buy him some Medised tomorrow so he can sleep.

It just shows that the Head Teacher of his school is delusional if he thinks that DS having 10 hours sleep on medication is not good and he should have more! 10 hours is a mircle compared to this and this is how it was for the first 9 years of his life.

Now I remember why I have now got a sleep dissorder of my own :rolleyes:

Just wondering, has anyone's child ever been to a sleep clinic? Would it be a good idea to find out about this rather than just keep him on drugs indeffinately?

When I asked my old GP about it she basically told me to go away but Ive changed now so it may be worth an ask eh