Sign in to follow this  
JeanneA

Immune system + teenager

Hi, could anyone advice me please which supplement is best for a nearly 16 yr old whos immune system seems very low. My son Glen is now ill for the 3rd time this year, (2 colds and now sickness & diarrhea, he was normally very healthy and rarely ill until recently. I am trying various vitamins and metatone tonic, but I really don't know what is best for my son.

Jeanne I give my son 'build up' or 'complan' meal replacement milkshakes , once or twice a day ,they are nutritionally balanced .

Vitamin D. Check he's not lactose intolerant (cut out dairy for a week and see if the gut symptoms disappear). If they don't disappear, try probiotic yogurt.

Try Black Elderberry. William shook off a cold for the first time after trying that. The Autism Treatment Trust recommended Low Dose Naltrexone to help with Wills immune system.

Since being on diets and supplements Wills immune system has improved immensely but trying to pinpoint whats made the most difference is impossible.

WD