Sign in to follow this  
thomastank

Sensory Assesment

Hi, haven't been around for a while, hope everyone is well. I've requested a sensory assessment for my son (HFA aged 5) as I am concerned that he is not feeling pain/not telling me if he is in pain. He is also sensitive to noise but seems to be coping well by covering his ears. I was wondering if anyone has ever had a sensory assessment and what other issues were picked up/what can I expect? He also has poor fine motor skills, buttons etc., and can't spit/blow (anyone else?), also tries to eat all food with fingers but can actually hold a fork when told too, writing is pretty good although in his own style - copied from typed writing rather than forming letters correctly. I want to make a list of all his difficulties so nothing is missed out but I presume they (OT?) will do cover all areas anyway? Many thanks, TT

Hi never been through it I'm afraid buy my son is waiting for a sensory assessment, so it would be interesting to hear from others who have been through this.