Sign in to follow this  
dmtam

Lying all the time help needed

Hiya I am a mum of 5 boys 3 have aspergers and adhd , my 13yr old is very childish for his age has asd, adhd, dispraxia and global delay ,

he has this obsession with lying and robbing things, its only petty trhings at the moment but im worried will escalate as he doesnt take it in that what he is doing is wrong

he picks things up and hides them, we have found rubbers from school, pens, football cards , he constantly robs food he is not allowed pepsi , he is always on the go and high as a kite so we dont allow him certain foods/drinks .

today hes come home from his nans and has her keys for her window locks,

any help on how to deal with this apprecaited, he knows what he does at times as will do it and laugh in front of me taunting me.

like ive said we have 5 other boys 3 whom also have asd and adhd and my youngest has mild cerabal palsy so its not easy , he and them all play off one another and when all get high are very hard to control.

thanks x

If you don't have the Pepsi in the house he can't take it. :):pepsi:

As to the 'stealing' of other things from school, two things occurred. Firstly, he appears to be getting the attention he wants from you through his actions so maybe you need to think about how you respond. Secondly, have you asked him (calmly) why he does these things? I used to 'steal' paper and pencils from school, but I never understood these actions as wrong as in my eyes I was just doing extra homework which was surely good.

If you don't have the Pepsi in the house he can't take it. :):pepsi:

As to the 'stealing' of other things from school, two things occurred. Firstly, he appears to be getting the attention he wants from you through his actions so maybe you need to think about how you respond. Secondly, have you asked him (calmly) why he does these things? I used to 'steal' paper and pencils from school, but I never understood these actions as wrong as in my eyes I was just doing extra homework which was surely good.

Hiya thanks I used pepsi as an example he takes anything , but not just 1 or 2 he takes whole packets of stuff.

I have asked him why and the school things he has taken , but he can't tell me just says don't know.

He has obsessions with dice and batteries no remotes or toys have them in anymore, again I have asked him. I keep calm and talk to him but it doesn't seem to get through

I'll take his ds off him and he just says well not taking it for a year? I'll say its been taken away for 1 day he will just add days

Its so hard to disapline him and get through he is in his own fantasy world.

Hiya I am a mum of 5 boys 3 have aspergers and adhd , my 13yr old is very childish for his age has asd, adhd, dispraxia and global delay ,

he has this obsession with lying and robbing things, its only petty trhings at the moment but im worried will escalate as he doesnt take it in that what he is doing is wrong

he picks things up and hides them, we have found rubbers from school, pens, football cards , he constantly robs food he is not allowed pepsi , he is always on the go and high as a kite so we dont allow him certain foods/drinks .

today hes come home from his nans and has her keys for her window locks,

any help on how to deal with this apprecaited, he knows what he does at times as will do it and laugh in front of me taunting me.

like ive said we have 5 other boys 3 whom also have asd and adhd and my youngest has mild cerabal palsy so its not easy , he and them all play off one another and when all get high are very hard to control.

thanks x

What kind of school is your 13 year old in. Does he have a Statement? All these behaviours should be being worked on by professionals using things like social stories etc. And the speech therapist should have a programme in place to help teach certain concepts as well. There is no easy quick fix. You should not be expected to be trying to deal with this on your own.

What kind of school is your 13 year old in. Does he have a Statement? All these behaviours should be being worked on by professionals using things like social stories etc. And the speech therapist should have a programme in place to help teach certain concepts as well. There is no easy quick fix. You should not be expected to be trying to deal with this on your own.

Hiya Sally

thanks sorry not been on , had murder with his school as got a phone call other day to say he had no dinner as his packed lunch had been stolen, this is not 1st time happened but school told me it happens least a few times each week, when i asked what they could do got reply nothing and were doing nothing as its the type of school it is and these things happen, my son wouldnt eat a hot dinner so for a few days had nothing to eat in school.

I have now rung education in respect to getting him moved out asap, he is statmented due for anual renewal end of the month so il keep you posted, but we have a drs letter supporting us as he is underweight as it is due to meds, he is more anxious and scared , had the school bus window smashed on way to school as the asd school merged with behaviour difficulties and since the merge its gone down hill.

his lying has only been since the school merge as has his behaviour issues and attitude and now after this latest thing , he has already been getting bullied and again school tell us type of school to be expected, well as a mum thats not good enough for me maybe im being over protective but both me and my hubby have decided time to move.

Thanks again and il keep you informed

Helen x

... the asd school merged with behaviour difficulties and since the merge its gone down hill.

his lying has only been since the school merge as has his behaviour issues and attitude and now after this latest thing , he has already been getting bullied ...

That's exactly what you get when you put asd pupils and the ones with behaviour difficulties together. Obviously, your son is intelligent enough to watch the other pupils and to draw his conclusions - as he wants to fit in, he will take the behaviour of the non-asd children and regard it as normal so he will imitate it. Always keep in mind that his peers' actions make a much greater impression than some teacher's words.

I'd NEVER let my autistic child stay in an institution where pupils with behaviour difficulties attend.

Edited by Shnoing