Tally

Doctor, etc . . .

I have finally managed to register with a new GP last week on Monday or Tuesday, I can't remember which. This morning I went down there as I want to register for their online appointment booking service. They told me last week that I would be able to do this at the end of last week. But I am not on their system yet and should come back at the end of this week.

There was an a4 printout on the desk titled "patient warning," it was about a local man who is trying to defraud the NHS by registering as a temporary patient and complaining of headaches in order to get prescription painkillers. I thought it was sad that they are talking about him like he is a criminal trying to trick people for financial gain, when he is probably only doing this because he has an addiction that must have started by being prescribed prescription painkillers in the first place! I don't even know if I want to see doctors who view illness as fraud. I am hoping they will prescribe me codeine, but I think it is better not to ask for this.

Then I phoned the Chronic Fatigue Service to see if my GP has sent them my blood test results, and they still haven't even though they said last week that they would. I asked if there was anything they could do to help me chase up the results, and they said they would re-send the fax to the doctor requesting the results. I said thanks and that I would ring again next week to see if they have them yet. I made the mistake of telling the old GP who initially made this referral that I had moved house, so now I am not allowed to see or speak to a doctor as I am not in their area any more. If I have to wait until I can get my new GP to make a new referral, well god only knows how long that will take, and it will mean having another huge blood test (7 vials), which I would really like to avoid if possible. I am hoping that if I write a letter to the GP who made the referral asking how to make a complaint, that it would be enough to persuade the GP to release the blood test results to the Chronic Fatigue Service, and I won't actually have to go ahead with the complaint.

And I still have diarrhoea. I have lost count of how many weeks it has been now. Every time I think it is better and stop taking the Imodium, then I get diarrhoea again. By the time I get any sign, it is too late for the imodium to prevent diarrhoea, so I have to take it before I get any symptoms in order to keep it under control and that's difficult to predict. Today I had diarrhoea at work, which me so light-headed I had to go and sit outside for a while when I was supposed to be working. I don't know what I would do if it happened tomorrow when I am in the shop by myself. And apart from anything else, it's extremely embarrassing!

... And I still have diarrhoea. I have lost count of how many weeks it has been now. ...

Unfortunately I didn't have time to read through all your posts :jester: to see if you've checked for any food allergies, e.g. celiac disease.

what food causes you to go to the toilet. is it anything specific i know i got ibs which stress or foods can set it off, but i also got a lactose intolerance to dairy products even with food with milk in

I have used the online booking service to make an appointment with my new doctor for next Friday :)

The chronic fatigue service still do not have my blood test results. I rang the old GP who made the referral. The receptionist got really nasty with me and I ended up in tears and she got even more nasty then so I don't know what I said wrong.

Then I rang my mum, who rang the practice manager, and said pretty much all the same things I think I said, but now the practice manager says she is going to personally stand over the GP while he sends off my test results to the CFS clinic.

I will double check with the Chronic Fatigue service next Tuesday, and if they still don't have my blood test results I will send my letter to the GP asking about the complaints procedure.

I think in future I need to avoid making phone calls about things like this, as I just seem to end up upsetting everyone and myself.

' And I still have diarrhoea. I have lost count of how many weeks it has been now. Every time I think it is better and stop taking the Imodium, then I get diarrhoea again. By the time I get any sign, it is too late for the imodium to prevent diarrhoea, so I have to take it before I get any symptoms in order to keep it under control and that's difficult to predict. '

Tally, although I am new around here I really thought I ought to respond to what you are saying. Any doctor worth having would be sending you for tests after this degree of bowel problems for this length of time. The chances are that there is nothing seriously wrong, and the tests are not exactly a barrel of laughs, but these are symptoms too important to ignore. I could spell out why I am speaking such stark terms, but others may be reading this while eating their tea......!

Imodium is useful in the short term, but using it long-term is counter-productive because it actually weakens the muscles needed for healthy bowel function - if you are needing to use it long-term, your doctor needs to be very sure of what he is dealing with!

Hi Tally, Hope you get things sorted out soon sound's like your having a tuff time. About the ME referral etc.. T was on

waiting list for 7 months before she saw a ME nurse, the nurse comes to our house every two week's at the moment,

and through the ME service a Phyisotherapist comes to our home every 3 to 4 weeks. Don't give up it took me 4 year's

to get the help T needed, not much help in my area i'm afraid. Hope you feel a better soon.

Teresa