Sign in to follow this  
Karen A

General election .Politics.

Good morning.

The election had been called for only two hours.

I went to a charity web site that I post for others frequently that has never been a problem before only to discover that right under the helpline number an advert had appeared to encourage people to lobby the main parties regarding the charity priority.[in this case the mental health of young people].

Although I still posted the link I wondered what the Forum position is since this may be the first of many situations in the next month.

I did not know much about ASD when I voted in the last general election. :D

Karen.

Edited by Karen A

Good question, I'd be interested in that too.

While we're on the subject :whistle: has anyone seen a really good sign I could put in my window to stop soliciting at the door?

I'd really like to suggest a tariff: if you knock on my door I will charge you for wasting my time.

Or "don't bother knocking on my door unless you can arrange for the NHS assessments my son has now been waiting over a year for" :wallbash:

Anyone got anything better?

As long as people don't use this forum to garner support for particular parties, I think the normal forum rules apply. I don't know which link it was you posted Karen, but it sounds OK. Politics impinges on a lot of the issues we talk about on this forum anyway, (health, education etc..) and that will no doubt increase in the coming weeks.

K x

As long as people don't use this forum to garner support for particular parties, I think the normal forum rules apply. I don't know which link it was you posted Karen, but it sounds OK. Politics impinges on a lot of the issues we talk about on this forum anyway, (health, education etc..) and that will no doubt increase in the coming weeks.

K x

Thanks. :)

Karen.

It would not take to much imagination to guess my political leaning from some of the comments I have made on this site in the past, but I have no allegiance to any one party.

I live in an area where one party has always been dominant to the extent that there has been very little canvasing in the past as there seemed little point as the outcome of any election was always a forgone conclusion.

But our MP was ousted in the expenses rumpus, so we will see how much door knocking there is this time round.