00Gray

Never really got any answers...

Its been near enough a month since I last seen anyone with regards to my mental health or autism, as you may recall to start with my 'problems' were classed as being due to mental health problems but then I was told that it mightn't be – in fact the last doctor I talked too was near enough saying that it was 100% down to autism (which had been on my medical notes since I was a child, but I've only recently found out) and because of the persuasive argument that he put forward, I agreed that it could be the reasoning behind my problems, I mean it made sense.

Today I have met with my local autism team for the first time, it was okay though they did 'catch me off guard' – he said within his letter that it would just be him coming to see me, but he actually had a colleague and though he did ask if I was okay with her coming, and I did say I didn't mind, I have just emailed him asking if he has to call out again that he does tell me in advance if there is going to be anyone with him – I mean I think it was obvious that I wasn't that comfortable.

It went okay, we covered a wide array of topics i.e. my family, childhood, etc. but I really don't know what I was expecting – I mean I was kind of wishing that he would say “There is a strong possibility that.... and this is what were going to do”, I didn't care if he said “you have” or indeed “you haven't” - I just want some answers!

He has gone away to talk to people that have known me for some years to 'discuss' my life with them, I know it will only take a week or two, but I am kind of more annoyed than I was this morning, if that makes sense? I was hopeful last night, thinking that today would be “the day” to give me some direction to what is going on, but instead I am more lost than ever. I have been running in one continuous loop since being told that autism was on my file and now I want clarification, I'm going around and around even more.

I just hope his 'enquires' don't take that long, as I don't know how much longer I can actually go without knowing!

Sorry you did not get any answers today.

Sometimes they need to get information from you and discuss it with others and check what is available before they can come back to you with a plan. Hopefully this way, he will be able to tell you things for definite once he does get back to you.

Hope you get some answers soon!

I'm giving in with trying to get my life sorted! I can't be bothered with all the hassles that come with the work. I had a call from the doctor that came to see me yesterday and he said that without speaking to anyone that knew me from my childhood it is impossible for him to complete a full assessment.

As I discussed with him yesterday, a few years ago all our family had an argument, and though I have tired, the family have just grew further and further a part. I mean my mother sent me a text early this year declaring that she was too old to be a mother, though she is still 'mothering' two of my older sisters. At the end of the conversation he made it clear that without that information he wasn't able to do anything so I agreed and said thank you for coming out and hung up.

I would just like to thank you all for your help and support, especially Tally, and hope you all have great lives :)