baddad

Celebrities who are NOT on the spectrum

Just porting this over from the thread that got closed as i'd only just raised the point, which I think is an interesting one, and it has nothing to do with the problems that lead to the other thread's closure...

Anyhoo:

And just to reiterate - this is a comment about the problem of casual diagnosis and projection NOT a suggestion that everyone is on the spectrum (which anyone who's read more than a handful of my posts will know is a red rag to this particular bullock - and yes i did spell that right)...

But... using the kind of casual observation techniques and 'list of symptoms' that regularly crop up:

How many TV personalities/celebrities can you think of who you would defintely rule out as being 'somewhere on the spectrum'?

Scary, or is it just me? (by which I mean scary just how easy it is to see something that's probably not there rather than scary as evidence of 'underdiagnosis' )

L&P

BD

PS: Just to get the ball rolling I thought of Michael Parkinson, and as it's Ben's favourite presenter maybe Richard Hammond (but the jury is out on the other two) who just seems to suffer from Fullervimself and a very young haircut for a man of his age.

:D

I thought of Michael Parkinson

Nah, he's definitely Autistic. Taken from that most reliable of sources, Wikipedia: "By his own reckoning, Parkinson interviewed 2,000 of the world's most famous people." If that's not obsessive, with obsessiveness being a symptom of Autism, I don't know what is... :devil:

Richard Hammond (but the jury is out on the other two) who just seems to suffer from Fullervimself and a very young haircut for a man of his age.

Cars and engineering - need I say more? Classic signs of Autism... Plus, (again according to that most reliable of sources) his Grandfather was an automotive engineer and we know the theory about missed generations and engineering grandparents (hmm, that sounds wrong and brings up notions of creating Grandparents in test-tubes :lol: but I know what I mean). I would additionally suggest he fits the criteria for ADHD (likes to blow things up and unable to control reactions - very 'explosive' :whistle:) and probably Pi-Bolar, as suggested by his erratic driving behaviour with disastrous consequences.

Try harder next time... :devil:

But that's the point, you see... 'Seek and ye shall find' sayeth the lord, and it do seem so with ASD dunt it?

I don't think, TBH that 'the hamster' is that into the obsessive male side of cars - I think it's more the other reason why men aspire to large, erm, engines.

Come on people - try harder - there must be someone?

:unsure:

L&P

BD :D

Boris Johnson?

with his distinctive & unusual speach patterns, refusal to accept other veiwpoints and constant insults to various groups of people? must be ASD :whistle:

Boris Johnson?

And have you seen his dress sense and hair cut? Clearly unable to follow social norms with regards fashion and acceptable presentation. :lol: And it seems to me that he has a particularly unhealthy obsession with transport issues, particularly trains and the underground. Definitely ASD. :devil:

And, I'd suspect he has a co-morbid of dyspraxia - did you see him fall into the river? No awareness of his surrounds and very poor balance/gross-motor skills. :whistle:

I've decided to switch sexes (in the game, I mean) - whether the one in four ratio is real math or myth I dunno, but it's gotta be easier...

Kirsty Young

Several of the older actresses on Coronation Street

Actually, it's much easier with girls :( dunno what that proves, but try it and see...

The hunt's still on for a blerk though!

Oh - just thought of another one : Wilma Flintstone. I reckon Betty next door though (phwoaaaar - Barney's batting wayyy out of his league or what?) is a bit suspect.

Edited by baddad

Kirsty Young

Failed again, I'm afraid ...

Kirtsy worked on Channel 5, then left for ITV before coming back to Channel 5. Then she left to work on radio before going back to ... Channel 5. Looks to me like she needs sameness and familiarity - very ASD. Further evidence of this is seen in her presenting two news bulletins for Channel 5, very close together in time and hence with little, if any, change in the stories read - again showing her preference for lack of change, similarity and familiar, predictable events.

Further, she has previously talked about having an Eating Disorder and some have argued that Eating Disorders are a female version of Autism - yet more evidence of her obvious status.

Cor this game's easy. I'm going to easily make everyone Autistic... :devil: (BTW, cartoon characters is plain cheating!! :shame:)

The hunt's still on for a blerk though!

Tell me about it... :whistle::ph34r:

Further, she has previously talked about having an Eating Disorder and some have argued that Eating Disorders are a female version of Autism - yet more evidence of her obvious status.

Well she can have the top off of my egg any morning!

Eating disorders = autism? Well that's one hell of a big percentage if you take all of them into account - especially if you include chocalism. I don't think you can fairly include activities that form part of the celebrity's job description, though - Kirsty (swoon :wub: ) just reads the news - she doesn't schedule it! and for 'needs sameness and familiarity' I think you can read, 'needs regular employment and is prepared to eat humble pie when threatened with redundancy'...

This is sooooooooo hard,cant think of anyone.I have been making a list checking it twice gonna found out who ASD or not!

This is sooooooooo hard,cant think of anyone.I have been making a list checking it twice gonna found out who ASD or not!

Santa Clause is coming to town

(he's making a list, he's checking it twice...)

How about Andrea Mclean(not sure of the spelling) from loose women,she seems NT.The others dont,esp Carol.

???????????????????????????????????? I have no idea who she is, so I'll let others judge!

That said, though, it is quite alarming just how hard this is, isn't it?

That said, though, it is quite alarming just how hard this is, isn't it?

Not really, after all, everyone's Autistic, right, (? :unsure::ph34r:) the challenge here is just to identify how? :whistle:

I don't know who Ms McLean is either, but I suspect that she has an unhealthy obsession with oral hygiene... :devil:

Jesus.

:whistle::whistle:

Does he count as a celebrity? :unsure:

K x

Dont think he should count but if he does one could argue he was very gifted,all that story telling and the miracles he performed,I think he was/is a savant.

.... and he had a very big meltdown in that temple ..... tables flying all over the place .....

As a 12 yr old, he behaved like a " little professor" debating and discussing theology in the temple, with a bunch of Learned men and teachers etc. and it says, they were amazed at his wisdom. Luke ch. 4 v 45 - 50 .

And, no, my name is not Dot Cotton / Branning !!!

Jesus was also very lacking in social skills. He tactlessly would call his mum " woman" and there was a non-Jewish, Phoenician woman whom he likened to "a dog" Matthew ch 15 v 21-28

Hem Hem...

The title of this thread is...?

Your supposed to be thinking of celebs who epitomise NT not having a theological debate :shame:

I don't know, I don't think your not taking the seriously enough

L&P

Did he really liken a woman to a dog? That's well sexist, that is. You wouldn't have thought that of the son of God would you? I balme the parents myself! :o

You were the one who brought religion into it. :whistle::devil: ...

'Seek and ye shall find' sayeth the lord, and it do seem so with ASD dunt it?

Katie Price ?

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Yet again, ol' Jorders seems fixated on personal image and has an infatuation with cosmetic surgery that one could well put down to ASD obsessiveness. And, in a similar way to Kirsty Wark constantly returning to familiarity in the form of Channel 5, Katie P keeps going back to Pete, if we're to believe the media mill........though frankly, every bloke she's ever dated seems to be frighteningly similar to Mr Andre, in an ident-kit, plastic-fantastic, 6 pack and fake tanned sort of way.......

She's clinging so tightly to that comfort zone, her ASD is plain to see!

And a few 'co-morbids' i suspect! :lol:

Mind you, as Britain's most successful writer without actually having picked up a pen or used a keyboard she's made it work for her! And considering that for many teenage girls she's an aspirational figure (???????????? GO FIGURE????????????????) you have to wonder just what that means for the future, duncha?

Alex Reed?

Chris Evans.

~ Mel ~

No... people who couldn't possibly be on the spectrum. Chris Evans is definitely 'speccy' by the definitions of the CDSM V (Casual Diagnosis and Statistic Manual 5)... Inappropriate laughter (he thinks Danny Baker is funny) Inappropriate behaviour (married a child) Inappropriate friendships (Gazza) used alcohol as a social crutch (frequently) Mental Health problems (depression and OCD) Social withdrawl and self-isolation (how many years was that?) Exposed himself, regularly, on national TV ( :sick: ) PDA ('stop doing that or we'll sack you', 'no you can't have Fridays off' etc) etc etc etc etc etc...

Actually, he has more genuine symptoms than some of the people you see on documentarys about autism (but not the Beebs recent & brilliant '1 year on', obviously) :ph34r::whistle:

Kevin Costner and Denzal Washington,or do they have to be Brits?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... Kevin, I think, is a bit of a weak one, but Denzal could be proof that there are still some NT's out there! That'll send mumble scrabbling for his biog etc - that girl's on a mission, I tell you! :lol:

Barack Obama?

What, The Washington Bluebottle murderer? - HE KILLED MY SPECKLED JIM!!!

Hmmm.. don't really know enough abaht him - but sounds like a 'possible'... but just two in two days... ?

Ooer - the forum's gone all funny... I've no moticons or 'styles'

Karen from Outnubered thinks he's very 'special' but not sure if that counts as a disability?

I remember that a couple of years ago someone had a go at Dyslexia. There was a claim that dyslexia is a myth, that created a lot of debates on the Dyslexia networks. I was surprised and a bit worried because

1 I had a positive assessment for dyslexia/dyspraxia

2 both are covered by the Disability Act in the UK

But now looking back I think there is might be a reasonable ground for such claim. Isn’t these D/Ds stuff only a part of my genetic makeup under the HFA’s umbrella?

Anyway if there is any sense in my point of view than I can suggest

Keira Knightly (self-confessed dyslexic)

Daniel Radcliff (self-confessed dyspraxic)

Hitler was AS apparently, as was Einstein.

Zen

Oh no they weren't! There's speculation about them, but nobody will ever know :blink: (unless they invent a time machine and go back with a modern copy of the DSM and test them! :lol: )

I've always bought into the Einstein theory, but our Adolph has never really convinced me... they say he was a vegan too, and IMO they're a but suspect anyway! :o ONLY JOKING.... (or am I?) Hmmm, mind you, if he was a vegan that proves he couldn't have AS 'cos of the whole Nuggits Sossidges and Yoggits thing :whistle:

Anyhoo - we're supposed to be doing people who aint, not people who is :rolleyes:

But - who's been surprised at how difficult this is?

And how many people have you thought of and then after a second gone 'oh, but......' ;)

L&P