baddad

Celebrities who are NOT on the spectrum

And Adrian Chiles now I come to think of it...

Adrian Chiles is definately ASD; his self-care is appalling - half the time he forgets to shave even before coming on TV :banman:

Adrian Chiles is definately ASD; his self-care is appalling - half the time he forgets to shave even before coming on TV :banman:

I don't think you can say definitely - unless you know something we don't! :lol:

If self care comes into the equation though, we can count 'The Hamster' back in, nobody that small and that old can think they can possibly get away with that haircut - surely subjecting yourself to ridicule indicates self-care issues and/or possibly a wider failure to recognise the reactions of others?

John Torode and the fat mockney greengrocer?

I was thinking Christine Bleakley as well ...

ooh and Bill Clinton.

Bill Clinton and Christine Bleakley? :o:sick:

I know Mr Clinton has a bit of a reputation in that department, but surely that's taking it a bit far... :lol::P

ooh and Bill Clinton.

You are Joking! Any man who doesn't recognise 'that' act as a 'sexual' act is definitely on the spectrum. Any man who thinks he can convincingly lie and pretend he doesn't know that that act is a sexual act really isn't in touch with how other people think.

What about Monica? Or hilary?

You are Joking! Any man who doesn't recognise 'that' act as a 'sexual' act is definitely on the spectrum. Any man who thinks he can convincingly lie and pretend he doesn't know that that act is a sexual act really isn't in touch with how other people think.

What about Monica? Or hilary?

ah, but you could argue that his defence was manipulative in the extreme - and as you said yourself, to lie convincingly .... I rest my case, m'lud.

I reckon she's his type, Mumble :D

ah, but you could argue that his defence was manipulative in the extreme - and as you said yourself, to lie convincingly .... I rest my case, m'lud.

I reckon she's his type, Mumble :D

I've never ruled manipulation out of autism, or bad lying. I said who thought he could lie convicingly, not who could lie convincingly.

Sorry, Pearl, that'a a definite UGH URRRRRR (and if it is up there i'll give you the money myself) :lol:

As for 'I reckon she's his type' I guess you mean 'breathing'...

Edited by baddad

Yeah I was thinking of Jon Snow from C4 news, then I remebered his socks and ties :wacko:

Then I thought of the archeology type guy from C4(doing the "Blitz street" thing at the mo) then I thought no he is to obsessed with history.

This is the hardest task :wallbash:

Nelson Mandela.

and I suppose your reasoning is that "I have a Dream" is evidence of an imagination and therefore not being on the spectrum... :lol::unsure:

Nelson Mandela.

K x

he spent 6(?) years in solitary confinement - only an ASD person could cope with that level of social exclusion without going mad :whistle:

he spent 6(?) years in solitary confinement - only an ASD person could cope with that level of social exclusion without going mad :whistle:

Actually 27 years!!!!

"I have a dream" was Martin Luther King, wasn't it? :huh:

K x

D'Oh!. I'm not good on people names - that's why I've had to Google the ones I commented on earlier, cause I couldn't picture them or who they were - I thought I'd got this one. I had the right person in my mind but I'd given them the wrong name. :oops:

I shall quit whilst I'm behind... :lol:

Paul Martin from the bbc program flog it?

... Chris Evans ... Inappropriate behaviour (married a child) ...

Blimey, hope BD has a good lawyer :blink: Perhaps Ian Hislop could suggest a few :)

(Wasn't Billie Piper 18 when they met and 19 when they married? Or is this not about her?)

According to her book she was 17/he 34 when they first got together (NOT that I've read her book, of course - I just googled and found a bit of it serialised by the Mail(?) online)

So i didn't mean literally a child, i meant comparably - and it looks like she was emoshunally vulnerable too.

That said, i'm not knocking 'em - take all the booze and madness out of the equation and they seemed a lovely loving couple, which is not to be sniffed it, is it?

I was just making the point that he's not particularly 'orthodox' in his behaviour, and - again - nowt wrong with that either.

If he does want to sue me I've got fourpence and half a sossidge to me name! I'll leave the ball in his court... :lol:

L&P

BD :D

Aha! I win! I win! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: (or rather, you all lose; I'm not sure if that means I actually win or not... :unsure:)

There are no celebrities who are NOT on the spectrum (hmm, that's a double negative, isn't it...). My evidence is thus:

Some online dictionary definitionary type thingywhatsit defines a celebrity as 'someone well known for having a special skill or talent'. Having a special interest/skill is included within the diagnostic criteria of ASDs (and we could even go as far as to suggest they're all savants... :ph34r:), therefore by being defined as a celebrity you are automatically also within the diagnostic criteria for ASD. Therefore, it is not possible to be a celebrity and NOT be on the spectrum. Ta da! :D

Aha! I win! I win! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: (or rather, you all lose; I'm not sure if that means I actually win or not... :unsure:)

There are no celebrities who are NOT on the spectrum (hmm, that's a double negative, isn't it...). My evidence is thus:

Some online dictionary definitionary type thingywhatsit defines a celebrity as 'someone well known for having a special skill or talent'. Having a special interest/skill is included within the diagnostic criteria of ASDs (and we could even go as far as to suggest they're all savants... :ph34r:), therefore by being defined as a celebrity you are automatically also within the diagnostic criteria for ASD. Therefore, it is not possible to be a celebrity and NOT be on the spectrum. Ta da! :D

Excellent Mumble :thumbs::notworthy::clap::clap:

Cant wait for BD's response :D

someone well known for having a special skill or talent'

ha! perhaps we should play spot the skill/talent of celebrities :rolleyes:

Well now you've just gone and spoiled it for everyone, haven't you? :shame::rolleyes:

:lol:

Now, seriously, though... One online dictionary doth not a convincing argument make - oh golly no...

If you think for one minute that all celebrities have a special skill and/or talent then you've obviously not seen Ant & Dec or that long streak of urine who does the whole 19 yards or whatever it's called, or Bobby Davro, or Little & Large or......

In fact, the list of celebrities who have no discernable talent/skill whatsoever is much MUCH longer than the list of celebrities who couldn't possibly have autism - practically endless, in fact. Celebrity these days can be based on something as flimsy as having had sex with a footballer and taking money to talk about it. In years past that was called 'prostitution', except the money was paid directly by the client rather than through a third party. Rather than making one a celebrity, it was somewhat frowned upon.

Nay, Nay and thrice nay, Celebrity does not an autie make. Not even a naughty autie if he/she happens to snog and flog or thrash for cash (I thought of another one for 'buck' but have omitted from the list :whistle: ). In fact, if that was a sign of autism I think it would be far easier to come up with 'couldn't possibly be' Celebs, because with all that black and white thinking I think many autistic people's moral compass would point 'em in the wrong direction, iyswim...

L&P

Well now you've just gone and spoiled it for everyone, haven't you? :shame::rolleyes:

:lol:

Now, seriously, though... One online dictionary doth not a convincing argument make - oh golly no...

If you think for one minute that all celebrities have a special skill and/or talent then you've obviously not seen Ant & Dec or that long streak of urine who does the whole 19 yards or whatever it's called, or Bobby Davro, or Little & Large or......

In fact, the list of celebrities who have no discernable talent/skill whatsoever is much MUCH longer than the list of celebrities who couldn't possibly have autism - practically endless, in fact. Celebrity these days can be based on something as flimsy as having had sex with a footballer and taking money to talk about it. In years past that was called 'prostitution', except the money was paid directly by the client rather than through a third party. Rather than making one a celebrity, it was somewhat frowned upon.

Nay, Nay and thrice nay, Celebrity does not an autie make. Not even a naughty autie if he/she happens to snog and flog or thrash for cash (I thought of another one for 'buck' but have omitted from the list :whistle: ). In fact, if that was a sign of autism I think it would be far easier to come up with 'couldn't possibly be' Celebs, because with all that black and white thinking I think many autistic people's moral compass would point 'em in the wrong direction, iyswim...

L&P

And I see someone made a similar point just before i posted...

Huh! Nobody love's a smart*rse, you know! :devil:

In that case Katie Price is definietely NOT on the spectrum :whistle:

She's got a talent for making money, and something of a writer too i've heard (lol rofl and puke with laughter, hereinafter 'PUL' - puke up laughing)

She's also got plastic booswums and goes out with a plastic boyfriend, which makes her a lot like Barbie, who I think must be on the spectrum purely and simply on the basis of her obsessions (clothes etc). In fact, despite all of those wardrobe items and accessories etc. whenever you see her being carried around by some snotty little, pudding faced toddler she's always half naked (hypersensitive to fabrics) and looks like she's been dragged through a hedge backwards (poor grooming skills). Erm, that's 'Barbie' BTW not KP (nuts!) who often does look like she's been DTAHB and appear half naked but would not fit in a toddler's hand. Not even one of 'em.

:D

In fact, the list of celebrities who have no discernible talent/skill whatsoever

But surely they are talented in being talentless hence this being a talent in and of itself and therefore making them talented, for which I return to by original point that they exhibit a sign of ASD... :P

But then that means that everyone (celebrity and non-celebrity alike), by defintion, is on the spectrum - either because they have a special talent or because their special talent is not having a special talent.

That being the case, then autism doesn't exist, because it quite clearly is not a medical condition (whatever) that applies only to a subgroup but is universal in it's effect, in which case you have argued the entire population of earth out of existence...

(Autism doesn't exist > All humans are autistic> Therefore the human race cannot exist)

UMMMMM - look what you've gone and done now! It just goes from bad to worse, doesn't it? Fancy being so determined to win an argument that you would destroy all of mankind! :o:o:whistle:

Actually, thinking back to kanner's defintion of Autism - as a compound word from the latin - that act would imply that you were autistic...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH We all blink back into existence again!

Haha - I'Ve saved the world! Baddad - saviour of the universe. Don't thank me all at once - I'll get a headache!

L&P

Edited by baddad

But then that means that everyone (celebrity and non-celebrity alike), by definition, is on the spectrum

And so we come full circle... :whistle:

Fancy being so determined to win an argument that you would destroy all of mankind! :o:o:whistle:

It's my special talent... :lol: :lol:

so by your hammond and boris johnson excuses most teenagers with long hair are on the spectrum? will have to tell my brother that one

Neither boris nor the ramster are teenagers (by a VERY long way)

I have long hair, and my son's hair was so long he got mistaken for my daughter at the Indian Restaurant (thankyou madam) God how we laughed!

Jame's mays long hair is okay cos it;s just long hair - it's the style that is far too young for Mr Hammond

Yet again, ol' Jorders seems fixated on personal image and has an infatuation with cosmetic surgery that one could well put down to ASD obsessiveness. And, in a similar way to Kirsty Wark constantly returning to familiarity in the form of Channel 5, Katie P keeps going back to Pete, if we're to believe the media mill

You've got your Kirsties confused. Kirsty Wark is a Newsnight presenter.

If I may stretch the definition of "TV personality/celebrity" I would nominate Roald_Dahl and A Wainwright for un-diagnosis. Both have been suggested as Aspie contenders, the former for his vivid imagination and persistent "outsider" status, the latter for his special interest in the mountains of the Lake District. Yet, having read biographies of both of them, I conclude that neither meet the criterion of social impairment. I would say that Dahl was a deliberate maverick (i.e. someone who knew the social rules but chose to flout them) whereas Wainwright was a naturally sociable person (by all accounts he was the life and soul of the Blackburn treasurer's office!) who became withdrawn in later life due to his unhappy marriage.

Another person who does not meet the criterion of social impairment, however much Aspies would like to claim her as one of their own for her special talents, is Sarah Flannery.

Edited by Aeolienne