Sign in to follow this  
scootbabe66

autism disco and me

jimmys documentary is on tv tonight bbc three at 9pm...jimmy and i have spent all afternon at bbc radio tees doing a live show..they say never do live tv or radio with kids...expecially autistic ones!!!!!..lol

Jimmy was really hyperactive today and he started the interview chewing the spongey red thing that goes on the end of the microphone and ended the interview with it on his nose! Overall id say it went ok...ish!

kids want a party tonight...so i have tons of sandwiches to make....and lots of balloons to blow up..lol..they like balloons and party poppers...the programme will be repeated loads of times in the next week and then things will get back to normal and we will be last weeks news.

Sorry - missed it due to the other big thing that happened last night on TV. Hopefully I'll catch one of the repeats.

I so hope you can ride the crest of the wave and use the coverage to get him a grant or some form of funding for a place at dance school.

Sorry - don't get BBC 3 so haven't seen it yet. Hope you enjoyed watching it yourselves and enjoyed the party!

K x

I watched it on iplayer. All your boys came across really well you are obviously fantastic parents. Loved the bit about your eldest being an EMO. My 5 year old uses this an excuse not to get his hair cut!! WOW at Jimmy's dancing! What a star!! Hope George gets that Holiday!

hi thanks for your lovely comments..

overall i was pleased with the documetnary..it was a shame that you only saw the other boys in the context of jimmys dancing...but then i suppose it was jimmys story...i have received hundreds of mails and messages of support and people asking for more info about autism...so if nothing else it has raised awareness...but i have also received many mails from parents saying they found jimmys story inspirational and it gave them hope for their own childrens futures which was a really positive thing..ive made heaps of new friends online..

George found it really funny seeing himself on tv..he giggled and laughed all the way through and jimmy just kept getting up and dancing and spinning during the programme...alex was horrified at his hair on tv..his hair is really important to him..he spends hours straightening it every day.

the kids are really busy at the moment..george took up clarinet lessons and then decided it wasnt for him..so now we are looking into rugby because he thinks he would like to give it a go after seeing a match on tv a few months ago...george is also busy with his world cup sticker book...it is costing me a fortune buying 4 packs of stickers a day for him...jimmy is preparing for his rad ballet exam and the world championships at blackpool and alex is busy studying for his gcse's (he is taking 3) and hoping ot start college in september.

sheilax

hi thanks for your lovely comments..

overall i was pleased with the documetnary..it was a shame that you only saw the other boys in the context of jimmys dancing...but then i suppose it was jimmys story...i have received hundreds of mails and messages of support and people asking for more info about autism...so if nothing else it has raised awareness...but i have also received many mails from parents saying they found jimmys story inspirational and it gave them hope for their own childrens futures which was a really positive thing..ive made heaps of new friends online..

George found it really funny seeing himself on tv..he giggled and laughed all the way through and jimmy just kept getting up and dancing and spinning during the programme...alex was horrified at his hair on tv..his hair is really important to him..he spends hours straightening it every day.

the kids are really busy at the moment..george took up clarinet lessons and then decided it wasnt for him..so now we are looking into rugby because he thinks he would like to give it a go after seeing a match on tv a few months ago...george is also busy with his world cup sticker book...it is costing me a fortune buying 4 packs of stickers a day for him...jimmy is preparing for his rad ballet exam and the world championships at blackpool and alex is busy studying for his gcse's (he is taking 3) and hoping ot start college in september.

sheilax

Hi Sheila

i watched this instead of the other big thing on tv and i thought you all came across really well! jimmy has such an amazing talent and will make a tremendous ballet dancer!

george is a great kid and i hope he finds his passion soon - he's definitely got as much passion in him as his twin!

wish alex luck for his exams - and he has great taste in music (saw the lamb of god t shirt on the show haha)!

hope the party went well! :thumbs:

jx