Sign in to follow this  
NobbyNobbs

a good day

two very good things happened yesterday

the first and best... after 2 years looking i have finally got a job! i start my training on monday which somewhat terrifies me and i'm still half expecting to either not be called tomorrow (which they're meant to be doing to tell me when to go in) or they will, then when i show up say they dont want me after all. its the perfect job for me and it all seems a bit too good to be true right now.

i'm also now starting to get nervous incase i can't cope. all my stress behaviours are becoming a problem (i'm watching Glee on a permanent loop, jump every time theres the slightest noise)

the second thing is that i finally had an appointment with the west sussex autism unit. its been a year since the person i was seeing left and my support worker funding has run out so i was at a bit of a loose end. now i'm getting referred to social services and she's looking into supported lliving housing so i might actually get to be something resembling an adult at some point. plus she looked through my DLA renewal form, said that the tribunal had been grossly unfair and that my renewal case was good. she gave me some pointers of things to improve my case and explained the true impact of some of my difficulties that i hadn't realised and so wasn't explaining well. fingers crossed i get a good rate this time

sorry for the 'me' post but i thought i'd post something positive for once!

no phone call :rolleyes:

cue mom to the rescue at 7 this morning. she went into the shop and tracked down the person i was meant to be meeting, who said i should have been called back by the company on friday and told to go in for 6am. 15 minutes later i was there being talked through the job roles, i start full training tomorrow!!