Kathryn

Ye gods - I'm getting old...

For the first time in my life! Scary thought. :o:o

Did anyone watch the whole resignation saga by the way? The highlight was Gordon Brown's kids coming out of no 10. I think they are very cute. They look more like Sarah than him though. :)

K x

I'm younger than Obama too.

But I'm even older than Nick Clegg. (I see his Wikipedia entry has already been updated. Deputy PM eh - whoever would have thought it! )

K x

I'm older than David C, but younger than, erm... Winston! :lol:

Not only am I very close to Obama in age, but our birthday's are only separated by one day too! Surely that means, based on Astrology/Starsigns and all that that I am a natural diplomat and leader of men! :whistle:

Hmmmm... perhaps I should have put myself forward yesterday......

L&P

BD :D

I'm younger than Obama too.

But I'm even older than Nick Clegg. (I see his Wikipedia entry has already been updated. Deputy PM eh - whoever would have thought it! )

K x

It' a shame all those people who voted LibDem to keep the Tories out can't have their votes back!

I'm older than David C, but younger than, erm... Winston! :lol:

Not only am I very close to Obama in age, but our birthday's are only separated by one day too! Surely that means, based on Astrology/Starsigns and all that that I am a natural diplomat and leader of men! :whistle:

Hmmmm... perhaps I should have put myself forward yesterday......

L&P

BD :D

Nah - just proof positive that astrology is a load of cack :P

Nah - just proof positive that astrology is a load of cack :P

No - thinking about it I'm sure I remember that these qualities shone through even when I was a very small child, though the weight of expectation did cause me some emotional turmoil at such a young age...

Yes, i definitely remember, on many occassions, hearing mum refer to me as a 'Miserable Little Leader'...

:D

It' a shame all those people who voted LibDem to keep the Tories out can't have their votes back!

We're not all that gutted, they've got 20 members of the lib dem team on the government payroll 5 of which are secretaries of state. We knew we would never win the election but I think we all believed that it would be EITHER Lab or Con so with this result we get Cleggy in a high role (despite the Deputy PM being a bit of a nothing job) and I am sure he will keep the tories in check as much as he can and stop them going all out to make the poor poorer and rich richer. Hopefully we will all be a bit better off as a country for this coalition.

I realised I was getting old a few years ago when I saw an advert for a Fathers Day CD and realised that not only did I like most of the tracks on there, but I liked them in my late teens / early twenties lol

Zen

Edited by zenemu

I quite liked Gordon Browns resignation speech, I thought he went out with some dignity.

I must admit I am a bit unsure on about a ConDemNation. I don't think it is going to work in the long run. It should make for some interesting politics (and big tax hikes), but only time will tell.

Zen

The new cabinet is full of middle aged white men - only 2 women and one of those is the minister for women. Same old Tories.

The chief secretary to the Treasury - the one who has to tell everyone else why they can't have any money - is a Lib Dem. See what Cameron did there? :rolleyes:

K x

The new cabinet is full of middle aged white men - only 2 women and one of those is the minister for women. Same old Tories.

The chief secretary to the Treasury - the one who has to tell everyone else why they can't have any money - is a Lib Dem. See what Cameron did there? :rolleyes:

K x

The minister for women? Is that a real minister? Is there a minister for men too? What about more, erm, colourful sexualities, are they catered for? (Mind, you, would a minster for alternative types be in the cabinet or the closet?) Cats? Dogs?

Are you sure you didn't hear it wrong and she's the minister for swimming? I mean, with the olympics coming up and all...

The thing is I think there should be more women in the cabinet - that way they could make the coffee and do the filing and stuff and that would mean the civil servants who usually do that could be doing something useful instead. :whistle::whistle:

L&P

BD :D;)

Oh PS - My 'prediction' for the election was right in the end - the 'don't knows' got in...

Edited by baddad

A very interesting time for Great Britain, I dont know much about British politics, and have only read stuff and observed it in the last 7 years of being here. So my opinions are not to treated as gospel truth, but Cameron being an Eton boy and all that, i feel somehow us the less affluent will be left in the dark. but then again who is to say it wont work. Just my thoughts. I am younger that DC not by much tho.