Tally

Help, my toilet is blocked!

My toilet is blocked and I don't know how to unblock it. Please tell me I don't have to put my hands down there!

Oh eergh - that's happened to us occasionally. We have an unblocker gadget - like a great big bicycle pump with a rubber cup on the end which has always done the trick. I recommend you get one if you can - it saves calling out a plumber- but obviously that's not an option at this time of night.

The blockage might clear itself - sometimes happens.

K x

Put your arm inside a binliner and pull it all out turning the binliner inside out as you go. Works every time.

As long as the bin liner dont leak, :(:lol:

I could say something about a big job :whistle:

It really depends on where the blockage is, if it's just the U bend then it should not be to much of a problem but if one of the above dont work it may mean Mr Plumber needs to call again.

Sorry Tally, but sometimes with things like this you just need to roll your sleeves up and go to work lol

Zen

Edited by zenemu

keep flushing and poke about with the brush, thats what I do lol

This is what I do-my son blocks our toilet all the time with tissue-I've only ever had to delve in myself once- & it was YUKKY I scooped out as much as I could & them my hand had to go in for the rest YUK YUK YUK! :wacko:

It was still blocked this morning, but I am very pleased to say that when I got home from work this evening, it had spontaneously cleared itself :)

oh you're so lucky mine was blocked the other evening and we are septic tank so i just have to go out in the garden lean down a 2 foot hole and always get the wonderful job of unblocking the pipes which have backed up to the kitchen as well!!! meanwhile hubby just watches over to check i'm doing it right,as i said to him its lucky i have a strong stomach,must admit doesnt bother me but can image most people probably retch at the thought.but glad yours has righted itself.

plunger just push up and down and should unblock to can get unblocker to shive down the loo or sometimes if that fails it is putting you hand down loo as too much tissue jammed in between pipes and need to shifted to bigger the blockage and probs for you then!

XKLX

My boss suggested a plunger. He showed me the special toilet plunger he has for the work toilet, which is always getting blocked. And then he told me about the time he got it stuck on his head :lol: