smiley1590

is citlopram a good idea for my signs that having atm?!

i been on ati-depressants before in my past prozac when 14 years old at 19 years old mirtazapine 45mg highest dose didn't really 'touch me' or have an real impact on low mood but find hard to judge as go from buzzing high to crasing lows in minutes or hours feel invisible like nothing can touch or hurt me then go to opposite scared of everything hurting inside my head! feel so disconnected zoned out from reality when walked down street feel 'alone' and like everyone looking and laughing,smiling at me which i know irrational paranoia my mum is on citropram for depression since my nan died in oct as she was her main carer for 3 years so hit her hard! i went to docs as couldn't stand how i was feeling physically

dizzy/faint spells - like room spinning even when walking

stabbing chest pains

headaches

feeling sick

docs asked me whether i say i'm stressed i said yes! and hiow my periods have been i replied irregular alot of time can work right sometimes then plays up mucks me around and MH emotions like rollercoaster everywhere! drives me mad annoys me!

things forgot to say at docs

tired/weak mentally drained /exhaused/no energy levels

constipation/diarhoea

appetite up and down

panic attacks - seeing and hearing things that aren't there!

don't know whether depression or anxiety related these physical signs but doc reckons anxiety and stress related as he checked my vital signs blood pressure heart and oxygen rate all normal and fine seems as anti depressants havn't worked for me in past i don't know whether to work from anxiety connection/link as i know they feed into eachother maybe i working in wrong direction maybe need to try another place for now don't know if worth trying citlopram what my mum on ?!

XKLX

It can take a while to find the right medication. If you have only tried Mirtazapine and Prozac, then that really is not very many different medications. EVen though they did not help you, it's still possible that another antidepressant might. Citalopram is an SSRI like Prozac, but it still might help even if Prozac didn't.

The thing that would concern me is the extreme mood swings you describe. They sound similar to the manic episodes that people have with bipolar disorder. You should make sure your doctor knows about them before you try any medication, because if you do have bipolar disorder then antidepressants can make the mood swings worse.

You could write a list of all your problems so that you don't forget anything when you go to the doctor.

i don't know if extreme highs and lows mood are due to having AS though as alot people i know explain same kind of feeling of mood they personally experience as i know AS can be very similiar to Bip disorder! i know AS misdiagnosed often as bi disorder they so close in signs! with emotions feelings etc i was going to make a list first time i went but got so anx i forgot but the man doctor i saw really nice approachable friendly so may go back and see him as feel at ease relaxed may take my NAS support worker with me this time though! i also get suicidal impulses at times can be very tempted to act on them! so scared meds might make this worse! as trying to work though my grief aswell as losing my nans still! finding hard difficult! grrr so much work on and say at docs ... so frustrated as so much work through no wonder get tired even listing the signs enough!

XKX

My daughter has been on Citalopram for a while now for anxiety. It has been a miracle drug for her. It doesn't suit everyone though, so I would have a chat to your GP. >:D<<'>

my support worker and AS lad i met up with today mentioned propanol for anxiety? as my support said she has been on meds herself when suffering with panic attacks which i am again! which other signs i mentioned! just know can't carry on feeling like this all time! grrr..... annoying myself! anyone had experience of propanol i also get tension headaches and said helps them too?

XKX

my support worker and AS lad i met up with today mentioned propanol for anxiety? as my support said she has been on meds herself when suffering with panic attacks which i am again! which other signs i mentioned! just know can't carry on feeling like this all time! grrr..... annoying myself! anyone had experience of propanol i also get tension headaches and said helps them too?

XKX

propranolol is a beta blocker, so works to stop the symptoms of anxiety rather than change the mood to prevent the anxiety.

If you are having panic attacks these can be good to reduce your symptoms, but would not decrease any general anxiety.