Sign in to follow this  
baddad

End of an era...

Had a bit of a :tearful: moment today because I took down the climbing frame and swing and stuff in the back garden. Technically, being only a couple of inches shorter than me, he outgrew it yonks ago, but he'd still give the swing and glider-swing a hammering occassionally. I put it up on his fifth birthday and he's officially a teenager in a few months, but it still seems wayyyy to soon.

On the plus side, there's a little boy who will be getting as much pleasure from it over the next 10 years when he visits his nan (seriously cute and stroppy two year old at the mo) but for now it seems really weird looking out of the kitchen window and seeing almost 8 years 'gone'.

Son's hoping that he'll now be able to replace his 'frog' trampoline (4th birthday) with a full-size adult one, and is taking it all with a pinch of salt, but i'm feeling a bit like that old Tom Waits song and wondering 'how the hell did it happen so fast?'

Ho hum - a couple of glasses of red while watching telly tonight, methinks, and a toast to the summer of '02.

L&P

BD :D

Awwww. We have just got a big tramp and I'm wondering what took me so long - it's a more grown up bouncy castle. We got ours the weekend B&Q were doing 15% off and instead of the £150 I was expecting we got a cut-price bargain of £85, complete with enclosure. Best £85 I ever spent. lol

Bit late for jaded but might help someone else- Cerebra do grants for trampolines and our kids qualify, it's not means tested.

awwww lovely story there!

We have had a huge (full size) trampoline for 10 years now and my 22month old loves it to pieces even though he has his own 'proper sized' one

Have fun bouncing with your son!

Awwww. We have just got a big tramp and I'm wondering what took me so long - it's a more grown up bouncy castle. We got ours the weekend B&Q were doing 15% off and instead of the £150 I was expecting we got a cut-price bargain of £85, complete with enclosure. Best £85 I ever spent. lol

No... that must be a round one at that price! They don't bounce the same, apparently! :lol: He's also recently got interested in drumming at school, so he will have to choose between a drum kit (electronic - which is wayyy more expensive but does have a volume control) or proper trampoline, but either way it's gonna take a big chunk out of his DLA savings! :lol: i was reminded earlier, though, that when he was around 7-8 he was a bit blase about the tramp at home, but when we went on hol he would want to spend at least two or three quid a day to go on exactly the same model he had at home at the hol camp or beach. Our annual hol would also rekindle his interest in 'Dance Stage', which would last up until about xmas and then be superseded by the latest wii/ps2 craze...

God, it's lovely watching them grow up, but painful too, isn't it? Que Sera and all that...

:D

OUCH! Been looking at the prices for next size up (12ft) rectangular trampoline :whistle:

I think I'm gonna have to try and persuade him to go 'round' or wait until our local gym has a bankruptcy sale! :lol:

That said, while looking I saw his 'frog' has a max age rating of 10, so as he's 12 and the size of most 15yr olds I guess i'm gonna have to bite the bullet this summer whatever happens.

Off to B&Q next w/e methinks, to see if they have the one mentioned by delia for him to have a try-out on...

L&P

(oh - back garden from kitchen window still loooking decidedly 'wrong' this morning :()

Ours've all had trampolining lessons at one time or another and although it is different they adapted pretty quick. Latest games are to skip and I'm being 'slaughtered' by the baby of the family. I can do 14 and she did 114, lack of height playing a distinct advantage. The others are using it to slam dunk into the basketball hoop.

Fingers crossed for a dry summer.

have a look on fleabay, my friend picked up a supertramp (not the top level one the next one down) for £70, she had to pay £150 to transport it down from Scotland, but still very good value as it is immaculate even though 5yrs old

We have a Z20, gives a good bounce, but not like an indoor trampoline (btw I teach trampoline and run a competitive club so this is right up my street!)

have a look on fleabay, my friend picked up a supertramp (not the top level one the next one down) for £70, she had to pay £150 to transport it down from Scotland, but still very good value as it is immaculate even though 5yrs old

We have a Z20, gives a good bounce, but not like an indoor trampoline (btw I teach trampoline and run a competitive club so this is right up my street!)

That's what we're looking for i think - the supertramp 'king'... there's one by 'trampolinesGB that's about 100 quid cheaper - model z17 - do you happen to know if it's any good?

I gave up on e-bay years ago, but may well have a looksee. I'm hoping the local distributor may have a 'trade in' or something like that.

Bah..... when i was a lad if you wanted to bounce you went down the dump and found a mattress. Kid's today don't know their born, do they? :angry:

:lol:

Saw the words Supertramp and thought someone was talking about me again :lol:

I hope you find what you looking for BD :)

That's what we're looking for i think - the supertramp 'king'... there's one by 'trampolinesGB that's about 100 quid cheaper - model z17 - do you happen to know if it's any good?

I gave up on e-bay years ago, but may well have a looksee. I'm hoping the local distributor may have a 'trade in' or something like that.

Bah..... when i was a lad if you wanted to bounce you went down the dump and found a mattress. Kid's today don't know their born, do they? :angry:

:lol:

We have the next one up from trampolinesGB Z20 and tbh you may as well spend the extra £100 for quality and performance if everything else on the spec is pretty identical it will be they type of bed on it

We used to jump on old lorry innertubes from the local car tyre place they kindly pumped them up and we rolled them home :thumbs:

Saw the words Supertramp and thought someone was talking about me again :lol:

Just as long as nobody thinks I was talking about that godawful MOR westcoastwannabe band of the 70's :sick:

We have the next one up from trampolinesGB Z20 and tbh you may as well spend the extra £100 for quality and performance if everything else on the spec is pretty identical it will be they type of bed on it

Probably me being stoopid, but I've got all confused now... Do you mean that 'supertramps' is a better bet than trampolinesGB, or that i should spend the extra 100 quid to get the bigger trampsGB 20?

ST King is 11x8'4".

Tramp z17 is 11x8'6" (30mm thick pads with Heavy duty Grade A black Permatron

polypropylene mesh fabric with central target area - whatever that means)

Dunno whether it means anything, but the Tramp has a higher 'max user weight' by around 3 stone... wouldn't apply to us (unless maybe ben went on with his best mate at the same time which i'm always yelling at them for), but would it mean the build quality was slightly higher (?)

The Z20 is WELL out of our price range! Much more than a hundred quid difference between it and the 17

Hem hem... I'm afraid I was once quite rude about the bloke who does the trampoline instruction at our local sports centre. He's an alright bloke, I guess, but really fancies himself and trampolines at national (or something) level. I said to someone he was flirting with, 'Oh yes, he has an 0-level in bouncing'. :whistle:

Edited by baddad

Whatever you decide on I hope you and your son have loads of fun with it . I bought a good quality round one about four years ago for my then 17,10 and 3 year olds. they have absolutely loved it and now granddaughter age 2 loves it too.

Just to add Dd3's favourite game is bouncing on the space hopper on the trampoline.

How bouncy does it need to be I ask myself!!!

Just as long as nobody thinks I was talking about that godawful MOR westcoastwannabe band of the 70's :sick:

Probably me being stoopid, but I've got all confused now... Do you mean that 'supertramps' is a better bet than trampolinesGB, or that i should spend the extra 100 quid to get the bigger trampsGB 20?

ST King is 11x8'4".

Tramp z17 is 11x8'6" (30mm thick pads with Heavy duty Grade A black Permatron

polypropylene mesh fabric with central target area - whatever that means)

Dunno whether it means anything, but the Tramp has a higher 'max user weight' by around 3 stone... wouldn't apply to us (unless maybe ben went on with his best mate at the same time which i'm always yelling at them for), but would it mean the build quality was slightly higher (?)

The Z20 is WELL out of our price range! Much more than a hundred quid difference between it and the 17

Hem hem... I'm afraid I was once quite rude about the bloke who does the trampoline instruction at our local sports centre. He's an alright bloke, I guess, but really fancies himself and trampolines at national (or something) level. I said to someone he was flirting with, 'Oh yes, he has an 0-level in bouncing'. :whistle:

oops read my post and it was a bit double dutch even to me and I typed it haha

Pay the difference on the supertramp to the Z17 as the quality is superb on the supertramp, I bought the Z20 in 2001 from a massive 4 month back payment from TC after I split with my older kids dad and it was their treat as such, couldn't strestch to the top of the range supertramp sadly.

What is the steel structure on the Z17 compared to the supertramp? my ghuess the ST would be superior as they are a lot heavier, is it also a permatron poly bed too? ST generally use a better quality bed which allows the airflow through with less resistance giving a higher and more controlled bounce

Would love to know who that is as I am involved at national level too and I can imagine a few peeps being just like that!

Edited by baranigirl

YAHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Update on the bouncaline...

I've been uhming an ahhing and prefabricating (;)) over this for two weeks now - really wanting to bite the bullet and buy the 'Supertramp King' but cringing at the cost, even with the special offer on.

Today I got an e-mail from them (we're on their mailing list after buying the 'frog' and other bits and bobs) offering me a '15% promotional voucher'. I thought it was too good to be true, that no way would they let me tack it on to an order for something already on offer but when I tried it did! :clap::dance:

So we've got the KING coming - and with a massive 25% + 15% off! :thumbs: Ohhhhhhhhhh JOY! :dance:

AND it's been garjuss again today! Cycling this morning, long walk through the fields this arvo.. Wot more can go right?

As I've said in the past, i'm generally so unlucky that if i fell in a barrel of nipples I'd come up sucking my thumb, so all of this positive stuff is making me a bit nervous (touch wood) :pray: But i will try and make the most of it while it lasts...

So if they've got it in stock and the sun keeps shining, this'll be Ben next week

:bounce:

And when his best mate get's back orf his holiday this'll be the pair of 'em

:bounce::bounce:

okay, so it's brought his birthday forward by two months :shame: but you can't look a gift horse in the mouth, can you?

L&P

You couldn't possibly 'hide' it under the bed for two months! Happy bouncing Ben!

It's giving my boy the sensory input he craves. I can now do 100 skips but am sweaty betty at the end of it and can't talk for the next 15 minutes. 6 y/o DD does hers 300 skips whilst chatting, calling over the fence to her friend and arguing with her brother, then jumps off and carries on. Found DH asleep sunbathing on it when I came home the other day and there has been some discussion as to whether 'we' could put a mini paddling pool on it (think they're waiting for me to go out). Had no idea they were so multifunctional.

I can now do 100 skips but am sweaty betty at the end of it and can't talk for the next 15 minutes.

I'm not surprised you can't talk afterwards! 100 skips - that's about three and a half packets, isn't it? All that MSG I'm surprised you can even feel your tongue, let alone attempt talking....

What?

Oh 'skips'... :rolleyes:

Not sure about using it for sunbathing/sleeping... you might slip off the edge of the mat and drown in the springs... (groan) :sick:

I'd tell your daughter to stop arguing with her friend's brother over the fence... she'll never get invited for tea carrying on like that! :lol:

Glad you're enjoying yours... the new one is big enough for me to have a go. At school I used to be able to do three quarters of a somersault before landing on my head on the vaulting horse. Wonder if i've still got it :unsure:

:bounce:

yaaaaaaay to a new jump jumpoleeeeene

and landing on your head only consists of half a rotation!

I started on my back...

Nowaday's that's how i like to finish...

(Rather than on the vaulting horse, I mean :shame::rolleyes: some people's minds....)

I started on my back...

Nowaday's that's how i like to finish...

(Rather than on the vaulting horse, I mean :shame::rolleyes: some people's minds....)

my mind wasn't thinking of a vaulting horse :whistle: