Sign in to follow this  
Bluesbreaker

Aspergers Teenager

Hi all,

Names Bruce from Leicester, diagnosed with Aspergers when i was three years old (1995) and am currently in full time 16+ education with hopes of going to University (paperwork all sorted, what a nightmare!!)

Have had good support near enough through all my education apart from 3 years at a leicester comprehensive at which my statement was ignored and no support was given, in a rough estate area, so it was like hell......

anyway, just a bit of background on my interests for you:

I play Guitar left handed, much like jimi Hendrix :thumbs:

I am a HUGE fan of Thomas the tank engine, even though i am 17 (not everyone knows that though, it can be embarrassing)

I love studying military history and Transportation history, particularly railways

I build models/paint models/ modify them, etc (mostly railway models)

I love trains :)

and i am an avid music lover, predominantly rock and heavy metal but expanding into Punk, Blues, Jazz and Ska.

I also keep tropical fish and i am a bird lover (as in ones with feathers :P i do like the human sort as well ;) )

So hi and hope i enjoy my stay here :)

If you have any wuestions to ask me concerning teenage life and teenage AS perspectives then don't be afraid to ask, i love to be of help.

Best regards,

Bruce.

Hi Bruce and welcome, lovely to hear from you, my son is 12 but already 5ft 7 with size 10 feet, he has Asperger's. Great to hear that you're going to Uni, hope my boy can too, well done you! Marion