smiley1590

any gardeners in here??pick ya brains PLZ!

my mum came up the idea of when we move she going to take me to garden centre to chose a rose bush in my nan's memory which i thought sweet and lovely idea as my nan loved roses and helped me look after ours in the garden now trim back old dying buds someone suggested to me getting a rose bush named after my nan her name was 'eileen' does anyone know out there gardening experience /knowledge if one exists? i really eager and interested to find out!

XKLX

in my nan's memory when we move me and mum going to garden centre to get two rose bunches but if possible want them to be named after my nan as i know some roses are named after ladies my nan's name was 'EILEEN' does anyone know if there is one out there somewhere? i DON'T want to name one just buy one!

XKLX

i did a search but didn't find anything. your best bet is to actually go to a garden centre and ask them as they will have catalogues. otherwise you could try searching gardening catalogues yourself for the right species name.

had a feeling this may happen one not named after my nan! doh really angry upset now just thought add to lovely memory but looks like going to have to pay have rose named after her something i hoping it was already done for me i know sounds damn right lazy rude! thanks for links and replies anyways! will try garden centres and ask when go with my mum to choose! as mum's idea not mine!

Hi Smiley, wouldn't it be far more special to have the rose named after your nan - that way if anyone else ever wants the same rose they are actually buying a rose which is named after her and her only. I think it seems more special this way. Also in the name your own rose kits you get the seeds to grow yourself so you would actually be the only person with that rose with that name if you see what I mean.