Sign in to follow this  
KLP

Hello all

Hello all,

Although I have been on this forum as a Guest and read so many helpful comments from parents, its time to introduce and say hi.

My son, soon to be 4 was diagnosed with AS 2 weeks ago. We were scheduled to have the ADOS test and when we turned up for the appointment after leaving us waiting for over 30 mins (and my son had fever all night but decided to take him in as we waited months for this appointment) the paediatrician said that no further test were required and after reading the reports from SLT, OT, EP she said the diagnosis were obvious. I must admit I was slightly upset that she cancelled the test at no notice (I wouldnt have taken son with fever had I known this and would have gone by myself) but also appreciate we got given diagnosis that will help (I hope) with SA and he starts school in September. I was mainly upset because as she was taking me though the number of social and communication issues, she was pausing and reading the reports and I am sure she read them for first time that morning, hence the appointment run late.

Anyway, I am here to talk to all of you, contribute where I can.

Hi welcome to the forum >:D<<'>

I have a six year old Sam he has a diagnosis of Aspergers and Dan is four and undergoing assessment,he is also starting school in September.

I have 2NT boys as well Josh(9) and Eli(22mths)

Great you got a diagnosis,it can be very hard to come to terms with,I feel mixed emotions at times,but overall I am very positive about Sams diagnosis.

Hey KLP, my daughter Jenna was 4 at the end of march and had just been diagnoised High Functioning ASD just over 2 weeks ago.

She will also be starting full time in september, and starting a completely different school (not looking forward to that change for her) however i think the change will be good as the school she is going to is more experienced at dealing with ASD.

Welcome to the forum.

xxxx