Sign in to follow this  
smiley1590

wages and when i get paid?! grrr....

i get paid every 4 weeks each month at end of month the date we get paid is 31st of each month but sometimes there isn't 31st of that month so get paid 28th,29th,30th before so i think i worked out that four weeks 2moz since beginning of the month does this mean i get paid tomorrow?! i don't like to keep asking staff as asked so many times i get so confused annoyed and frustrated if i rang up the wages department if i gave them personal info would they tell me over the phone?!

XKLX

i get paid every 4 weeks each month at end of month the date we get paid is 31st of each month but sometimes there isn't 31st of that month so get paid 28th,29th,30th before so i think i worked out that four weeks 2moz since beginning of the month does this mean i get paid tomorrow?! i don't like to keep asking staff as asked so many times i get so confused annoyed and frustrated if i rang up the wages department if i gave them personal info would they tell me over the phone?!

XKLX

You count it four weeks from the date of your last pay.However sometimes you may get your payslip first and then the money or the other way around not necessarily goes through on the same day,but that differs anyway depending on if you work for a small or large company.

I would also think given the bank holiday on Monday they will pay you tomorrow so that you dont have any money trouble.

do you get paid every four weeks, or at the end of the month?

If every four weeks (which is not very common) it will be exactly four weeks from your last payday.

If at the end of the month, it should state what date - usually a fixed date (ie: the 15th) or either the last day of the month, or the last working day of the month. In practise, this tends to work out the same, and they will pay you on the last bank day of the month, which this month is tomorrow.

i think last working day of the month i remember my boss saying that to me but when asked for government form how often we get paid they said every four weeks so don't get it! grrr.... i get my wage slip afre i've been paid last wage slip said paid on 30th april? that give you any clue to when suppose to be paid but like you say due to bank hols i think i'll be paid tomoz i hope! as go away sat need some spending money for shopping lol! just get so anxious as don't understand i don't know if this an AS thing of why can't process this information as to me seems difficult like handing in timesheet but to others it so easy! i feel so embarrassed at work ashamed i get in right tizz over it i feel so silly stupid and small! but if not i'll worry myself to death over it!

XKX

I would think last working day of the month is most likely. every four weeks is very unusual for employees.

it is worth checking whether they have a policy of paying early when there are bank hols/weekends. Small companies often just have a computer prog which sends the info on the last day, so you won't get it until the banks re-open on Tues. Larger companies often pay on the last working day (which changes more so is more difficult to do) which would mean payment tomorrow. In practise, this costs the company money as they are effectively paying you early & losing interest.

Normally if you are payed on the last day of the month, this means the last working day of the month, so for this month, May, it will be Friday, this week, But some firms may pay you the first working day after the end of the month, which would be Tuesdays next week.

A lot of companies pay out on something like the 26 to try and avoid this problem, (So your pay is always in the bank by the last day of the month)

My company pays you up to the end of the month and aims to pay you by the 7th of the following month but doesn't always manage it.

nah my work colleague just text me i do get paid 2moz but still don't get the wages system still makes anxious scares confuses me witless so hard to get my head around! grrr... i have to rely on generousity of others to guide me reassure me .... even then i still feel uncomfortable ....

If you are paid monthly, then your pay will always be on (roughly) the same date of the month. If you are always paid near the end of the month, then you must be paid monthly.

If you are paid 4-weekly, then you will always be paid on the same day of the week, but the date could be any date in the month and will change over the course of the year.

All staff are probably paid using the same system, so anyone from work should be able to tell you when the next pay day is without you needing to give out any personal information.

nah my work colleague just text me i do get paid 2moz but still don't get the wages system still makes anxious scares confuses me witless so hard to get my head around! grrr... i have to rely on generousity of others to guide me reassure me .... even then i still feel uncomfortable ....

I would not worry to much about asking when pay will go in, a common subject of discussion in most work places, lots of people have a problem keeping track of things like that.

Edited by chris54