Sign in to follow this  
hollie

Independent residential schools

Hi, I don't usually post, but still visit this forum regularly, I posted a while back when needing advice about my daughter 12, and received plenty of advice, especially from Jen and Kathryn.

My daughter has been in a LA maintained residential school for nearly two years,the placement has failed due to her challenging behaviour,she has severe autism and the LA has agreed to fund an independent residential school, 48 works.

I have visited a few but;

Does any one know of any good residential schools? preferably school with smallish nos of pupils. we are in the East Anglia area/ will really appreciate this, possibly PM info.

Many Thanks

Hi Hollie :)

Welcome back, but sorry to hear that the placement has broken down. Good news that the LA have agreed in principle, to fund an independent school - so you won't have that battle on your hands at least.

Hopefully someone will come up with suggestions based on personal experience. The NAS used to publish a guide to their own schools: I don't know if they still do, you can check the website.

You can also search for a school here:

http://www.nasschools.org.uk/

I hoipe you find something soon. How is your daughter at the moment: is she at home with you?

K x

Hi Hollie :)

Welcome back, but sorry to hear that the placement has broken down. Good news that the LA have agreed in principle, to fund an independent school - so you won't have that battle on your hands at least.

Hopefully someone will come up with suggestions based on personal experience. The NAS used to publish a guide to their own schools: I don't know if they still do, you can check the website.

You can also search for a school here:

http://www.nasschools.org.uk/

I hoipe you find something soon. How is your daughter at the moment: is she at home with you?

K x

Hi Kathryn,

Hope your DS is doing well, thanx for your reply,

my daughter is going to continue at the LA school till we find a school, We are currently viewing schools but will appreciate any recommendations.

Hollie