Sign in to follow this  
shell

new medicne help

hi just to let you all know i have now seen a doctor about steven tamazapan and they have changed it but what a fun few weeks we have hade first we had to tell him he wasn't allowed his medication any more then we had to go through the whole withdrawel processe that was so hard but now we have a new medication called VALLERGAN but i am having trouble finding out about it has anyone ever herd of this (mind you it work i got 9 hours sleep out of him last night)

Hi Shell

I think its something that is used for allergies and can be used for anxiety and a sedative. My son was on phenergan and i think it works about the same but not 100% sure :unsure: the phenergan didn't work though but everyone is completely different with taking medication.

I'm still waiting for the paediatrician to contact me its been 7 weeks since she said there wont be a problem with my son taking melatonin...... :angry: hopefully she may ring today as i left messages lastweek again... :wallbash:

Take care

Amanda

Edited by Amanda32

Vallegan is an anti histamine which means it can be used in allergies but is also sedative and can help with sleep. It has the advantage that it is not addictive as is temazepam. Hope it works for you.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/lifestyle/healthf.../100002712.html

^^ some info on there

My son was on that before he was 2 years old as a sedative when he was first diagnosed with ADHD (Consultant he was seeing at the time neglected to tell me diagnosis) it didn't get him to sleep for very long and made him grumpier in the mornings, but what doesn't work for some may work for others.