Sign in to follow this  
chris54

School residential trip.

Hes just got back from a 3 day residential trip with the school and it would appear that all went well.

Not stopped talking about the trip since he got in, well he has now as my wife has just given him a Dennis the Menace 1992 annual, she found in a charity shop so we wont hear much from him till he has read it cover to cover. But I digress.

He got a goody bag, one of only four given out, apparently, with the message "For achieving so much and participating wholeheartedly in every thing"

I spent a couple of evening sorting out what clothe etc he would need, trying to think of every eventuality, he got off the coach in the same clothe he got on it on Friday so not much washing to do there. Never wore the new trainers we got him kept his normal school shoes all week end, well they actually look more like trainers then the new trainer do which look more like normal shoes but were the only one in his size we could find at the time with velcro fastenings.

I said to him "Have you combed your heir while you have been away", "No" with a indignant look came the reply.

On the back off this we are thinking of looking to see if we can find a couple of short residential trips in the summer which mite be suitable.

Soo glad he had a good time, if he didn't have time to get changed he must have been having loads of fun. If you are looking for something else residential have a look at YHA do it 4 real, they do an assortment of short breaks in the summer for a mix of ages [don't know how old your ds is] Dd2 13, went on one last summer and had the time of her life, cheaper thatn lots of places and if you get tax credits it's only £100. Ha ONLY but you know what I mean. Hope you find something suitable. B)

Glad it went well:) Here's hoping it s the first of many happy adventures!

Sadly my son's trip last term was not so successful - culminating in an exclusion:( ho hum, I think we've a way to go yet before he can try again.......

so glad to hear how well the residential trip went, and really reassuring. my son going away for three days next week, but not sure he's going to enjoy it (lots of drama appararently) He's been away before and enjoyed the days, but cannot sleep at all so comes home really angry and aggressive. Spoke to GP this time though and we're going to dose him up with medised every night!

Glad he enjoyed it.

My son spent 3 nights camping with scouts. I too was getting so prepared for everything (inc. changes of clothes etc). The cubs leader told me not to bother as most of the kids went home in the same clothes they arrived in having not seen water or a tooth brush either!

Hes just got back from a 3 day residential trip with the school and it would appear that all went well.

Not stopped talking about the trip since he got in, well he has now as my wife has just given him a Dennis the Menace 1992 annual, she found in a charity shop so we wont hear much from him till he has read it cover to cover. But I digress.

He got a goody bag, one of only four given out, apparently, with the message "For achieving so much and participating wholeheartedly in every thing"

I spent a couple of evening sorting out what clothe etc he would need, trying to think of every eventuality, he got off the coach in the same clothe he got on it on Friday so not much washing to do there. Never wore the new trainers we got him kept his normal school shoes all week end, well they actually look more like trainers then the new trainer do which look more like normal shoes but were the only one in his size we could find at the time with velcro fastenings.

I said to him "Have you combed your heir while you have been away", "No" with a indignant look came the reply.

On the back off this we are thinking of looking to see if we can find a couple of short residential trips in the summer which mite be suitable.

fantastic :)