jlogan1

Any advice or am i fighting losing battle?

just need to sound off somewhere but if anyone has any helpful advice would be grateful.

summers hols have already started here( scotland) my hubby and younger 2 have gone to stay with my parents for a week 650 miles away,my dd of 14 cant cope with any change or going anywhere( hasnt been to school in 2 years) so i have stayed at home with her,there was me thinking it would be a nice change just the 2 of us and was hoping that she would help out a bit more as there are just 2 of us.but im racing round working and looking out for her,have just had row over the fact that she wont even do the washing up for 2 spent 10 mins explaining that in life she has to help out,her answer is she has better things to do,ie reading drawing writing or computer,told her life is not all about doing the things that she wants to do and that sometimes we all have to do things that we dont want,that went fine she listened( or i thought so)and then as i got up to go all her reply was ,was all about her music she listens to and twilight"" :wallbash::wallbash: i feel as though i was talking to a brick wall,and it reduced me to tears,this isnt a one off this is quite normal for her but how do i deal with it.we are still awaiting an assesment for AS diagnosis,seem to have been waiting for years ,all started with refusing secondary school 2 and half years ago,spoke to paediatrician this morning she said could be september before we get app.so am basically having to deal with it by myself,does anyone have the same problem??

sorry to go just bit tearful with rest of family all away. :tearful:

julia

Hi

Firstly it sounds quite typical of a 14 year old,in what you have described. My eldest NT is nearly 10 and started "chores" helping clear up etc over a year ago and he hates it :wallbash: He really moans from start to finish but he does it because I tell him no telly,no computer until its done,simple.He will cry and say "none of my friends do this" or "its not my mess"

The fact she has her music still after talking to you disrespectfully means that she will probably continue not to help out.So I would definatley put your foot down a bit more.Have you also been doing things together away from home maybe to the park or something she enjoys? Prehaps a bit of bribery if she likes her music maybe offer to buy her a CD if she helps out more?

it wasnt that she had her music i had already turned tv off because she wouldnt listen to me its the fact that she just seems totally oblivious to the conversation we just had and just talks about her subjects non stop.with regards to doing things i keep offering but as said she doesnt like going out ,although she did come out last night ,some RAF jets went over so she wanted to go to local airbase couldnt see anything so ended up walking along beach at 9.30pm in the rain,but she enjoyed it!!

but she just seems to turn off when i talk sometimes,and then its back to twilight!! and with the new film just coming out its just non stop,have tried the bribery but doesnt really work she gets all her music from the internet so cant even use bribery,well feel better now had some dinner and shes back to her normal self totally oblivious to the row we had as though it didnt even happen.