Sign in to follow this  
annross

Looking for pull on/elasticated jeans for older boy.

Hi my son is 12 and I cannot find jeans that he will/can wear without difficulty. I do make him wear ordinary ones but if he is out at friends it would be so much easier to have pull on ones. He gets anxious if he knows he cannot undo or do up a button and then worries he won't make it to the loo on time. Can anyone help please?

Edited by call me jaded

We have this problem with DD she hates anything tight and constricting and will not wear clothes with buttons - we are so grateful that leggings and jogging pants are in at the moment

We got trousers and stuff at mini Boden - which have a lot of casual pull on styles for boys and girls with elasticated waist - but are often made with jeans/cord material - they are more expensive but are very hardwearing - she never managed to rip a pair unlike the 3 pairs of H&M trousers that were trashed in a single week at school -you may need to wait until they get their new season stuff in in August as they often only have odd sizes in their sale - altough if they fit it's cheaper

www.boden.co.uk

Hi

I got my son a few pairs of cotton pull on trousers from a well known high street store beginning with four letters, beginning with 'N' and ending in 'T' priced at £12 or £14 (available in navy, brown and black).

Caroline.

We got some elasticated sports style trousers from Tesco priced very reasonably.

Next do jeans with adjustable waistbands - I wonder whether these might provide the give he needs to pull them off quickly?

I do understand this problem as my son struggled with jeans buttons. I have to say that some brands were worse than others and it is possible to get jeans with buttons that aren't such a struggle to undo - it's a case of trial and error.

HTH

Carol

If it is just the button that is a problem (and the zip is okay) the button(s) can be removed and replaced with Velcro.

Or, if he can wear a belt, he may find he doesn't need to do the top button up at all. :)

I have found Primark to be good for those as my son has the same problem. So I tend to buy armloads at a time so that he has a few. I've also bought a few pairs on sale in Tesco recently.

my son is also 12 and wear jeans from BHS they are elasticated round the back and button up on the front. So he does the button up and just leaves it as the elastic on the back of the waist will stretch enough.

But I am also going to look at some of the other ones people have suggested as I get fed up of seeing him in the same

type of trousers everyday in the holidays

lyn

my son is also 12 and wear jeans from BHS they are elasticated round the back and button up on the front. So he does the button up and just leaves it as the elastic on the back of the waist will stretch enough.

But I am also going to look at some of the other ones people have suggested as I get fed up of seeing him in the same

type of trousers everyday in the holidays

lyn

My son had a pair of track suit bottoms that he wore whenever he wasn't in school uniform. Not only were they tatty beyond reason, but they were about 4" too short. His sister refused to walk down the street with him wearing them. So one day (I threw them away and told him I couldn't find them).

I think his problem is not having the dexterity to do the button up on jeans as they tend to be stiff.