weaveintothewin2

Autistic Photographer hopes one day to be a professional.

This is a video on you tube About me wanting to be a photographer when you have autism. I want to be a professional

photographer.

I hate being on benefits/welfare, but will anyone employ me with all my problems.

I hope so.......

Hi.

I thought your photographs were very good.

My son Ben has AS and is 12.He loves Graphic Design and would like to be a graphic designer one day.

Ben took a look at your video too and says Hi. :)

Karen.

Your pictures are beautiful. You don't have to be employed by anyone. A lot of photographers are self-employed.

This guy

http://www.smilingleafimages.co.uk/vscript...index.asp?S=sli

has Asperger Syndrome and I'm sure he would be able to give you advice on your career.

cb

You do have some lovely photos. I am far from being a professional photographer and can't comment on technical issues, but I know what I like and I especially enjoyed your bird photos. You must have to stay very still for a very long time to get them.

Have you ever thought about doing a photography course? You might be able to learn some things about being a professional photographer that way, as well as improving your photography skills of course! Sometimes you can get help with course fees if you are on benefits.

Have you ever seen the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition? There always brilliant photos in there. Maybe you could even enter one year. Entering competitions might be a good way to get your work seen and get some credentials to your name.

I think what was really clever what you produced was not only a great selection of your True talant but you expressed to others what Autism/AS is to you and hopefully others out there with diagnosed and undiagnosed AS will know they are not the only one out there who feels like an alien and alone here on earth.

It must of been a really great way to express yourself too, a very creative and insightful so you do have an amazing outlet using photography and design.

Your pictures are truely inspiring.

The calf shows you have the patience and dedication to get fresh new life on pictures.

The pictures are amazing.

The little kitten on her back is so perfect and resembles real life expression, you capture life kid, you will go far.

you have an amazing gift of picutre of detail, and your waterfalls are breath taking, I love photography too.

If I want J my 13 yr old to focus I give him a camara and he takes pictures and his pictures are truely amazing because there from a different perspective, and what is clear in your pictures is that though you may have your difficulties due to your disabiltiies and you may feel alone but you seem to apriciate what earth brings and you see the beauty in the world that so many of us are just too busy to stop and wait, look and snap.

your pictures are beautiful.

JsMumx

thanks tally, you do have to stay still for a very long time and thats a massive challenge for me but i love the results I get. I was thinking about entering the shell wildlife photographer of the year but thanks for letting me known about it anyways. :-)

thanks mrsrosa :-)

thank jsmum, i agree often people with autism are good at art for some reason i think the creative side of the brain is more developed than the rest or maybe we just see the world in such a different way our pictures come out like that. Even though autism gives me alot of problems. I think It gives me the ability to take pictures the way i do. So if i didn't have autism i might not have been good at photography but i could be wrong. :-)

Edited by weaveintothewin2

Hi Im new here but I felt a comment was needed. Im 22 and have aspergers. Professional photography is not out of the reach of people with autism. I have a HND in photography and if it wasnt for my first love of youth work(yes really an aspie youth worker!) I would probably do photography professionally. Your attention to detail and ability to see things in a way that other people cant means your work wont be run of the mill. My best advice would be talk to your local college and see if there are any courses you could do, maybe even as infil for a day a week or something on photography. There are lots of technical things to learn(mostly maths based) but once you've learned them it makes your work more of an artform, because you can explain exactly why the picture had to be that way. So dont think its not achieveable it really is. So its Graphic design!! as I do that part time! my last peice of advice would be dont ever stop talking the pictures you want to take for you, if you do it professionally then you will have breifs of the type of picture you need to take, however this can make you want to put your camaera down at the end of the day and not look at it again until the next job.However even if you dont feel the pictures are good taking pictures for your own enjoyment is key to keeping yourself happy as a professional photographer.

Hope this helps.