Lufty

Forum Outage

Dear Members

Please let me first start by apologising for the forum outage yesterday.

I small upgrade unfortunately failed which resulted in the need to restore the forum database from a backup.

Unfortunately there was a problem with the backup restoration which was investigated by hosting company who unfortunately had to refer this problem to their second line support who only work Monday to Friday during office hours.

I am pleased to report that the restoration was completed first thing this morning back to the early hours of Sunday morning.

This means that any postings made since then will unfortunately have been lost.

I will be working with our hosting partner over the next few days to ensure that we have a more robust backup system in place to prevent this from happening in the future.

Many thanks for your patience during the outage.

Kind regards

Lufty

Dear All

Just to update you I tried a new and improved backup solution which has worked fine.

However the new version of the Forum software has a completely different look and feel and I do not want to spring this on our members without some prior warning so I have rolled the software back to the previous version for now.

I will do some further testing and then when I am comfortable that everything is working I will announce when the upgrade is going to take place.

Many thanks for your continued patience while we improve the forum.

Lufty