Sign in to follow this  
macgumerait

Greetings

Hi everybody.

My name is Lee, and from Scotland.

I hit the big "30" in December this year, and am dreading turning old!

In fulltime employment, I am always seeking to establish new contacts in the field of autism and aspergers. I was diagnosed at the tender age of 25 after years of treatment for another condition.

If you fancy getting in touch, please feel free to reply, or PM.

Au revoir,

Lee

Hi everybody.

My name is Lee, and from Scotland.

I hit the big "30" in December this year, and am dreading turning old!

In fulltime employment, I am always seeking to establish new contacts in the field of autism and aspergers. I was diagnosed at the tender age of 25 after years of treatment for another condition.

If you fancy getting in touch, please feel free to reply, or PM.

Au revoir,

Lee

30!!!!!! you are just a baby ..........i had my 63rd birthday to day....now that is old......

Loving the wide age ranges we're getting here! I'm only going to admit to being somewhere in the middle of you two.

Welcome back macgumerait and a belated welcome to you too bluebudedog.

Hiya

Greetings from a fellow Scot.

Welcome to the forum.

Funny, I remember thinking my mum and dad's friends were very old (they must have only been about mid-30s). Being 37, I do laugh. I've certainly become much more laid back with age. Age has it's pluses!

Caroline (mum to 8 year old Aspie).

Hi Lee, it's nice to meet you.

I have just turned 29 last week. 30 seems like a really big deal, I don't know why! It's all arbitrary really.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. I hope you will like it here.

hello Lee

I have not long started posting on here and found it very helpful. I am mum to my son who is 10 and has been diagnosed with aspergers 18 months ago. We live in moray. How did you get diagnosed at that age? were things interfering with your life?

hello Lee

I have not long started posting on here and found it very helpful. I am mum to my son who is 10 and has been diagnosed with aspergers 18 months ago. We live in moray. How did you get diagnosed at that age? were things interfering with your life?

Thanks for all the welcomes.

30 is a big deal.....officially, I should be holding down a good job, in my own accomodation, and maybe have my own family.

Regretfully, neither of these are anything I have. :(

Without sending you all to sleep, I was diagnosed at 25....only on a "hunch" by my therapist, whom I was receiving treatment for another condition at the time.

How did the diagnosis affect me?

First and foremost, its a label....I didnt gain any significant weaknesses or crippled with illhealth when the diagnosis was made....however, I was told doors would open for me.

Unfortunately, it wasnt explained that these doors would be EXIT doors, as I fell in a "grey area", and found a lack of services to me, all because of my age, location and working situation.

Im glad to hear from other Scots, in particular....shows im not alone here.