Sign in to follow this  
baranigirl

Seen the paed

Not sure what the outcome is tbh as DD3 showed passive behaviour the entire visit, she was asked to do some games and draw a picture, but the paed missed some of the picture parts when asking her to describe what she had drawn (added boobies and male parts) we did discuss her obsessions with Tom and Jerry, routine and food, but both were dismissed by the paed, I feel I didn't explain them properly as everything was being jumped about during the discussions. The paed said several times she is only 4 and then asked her to complete a matching pictures to words type of puzzle and was getting frustrated with her when she wasn't reading the words, but we had already discussed her only recognising 3 letters of the alphabet! All she did instead (DD) was to try and match the shapes of the gap by methodically going through every card to find the right one and keep them stacked up on top of each other.

Paed says she feels it is likely to be developmental which is fine and she will be seen again in 6 months and also by a SALT at some point before a firm dx or no dx is made. I am thoroughly exhausted by the whole thing today.

Sounds OK to be honest. 'Likely to be developmental' to me = possible developmental delay, which is where an autism diagnosis would fit in paediatric terms. They're having you back too.

Sounds OK to be honest. 'Likely to be developmental' to me = possible developmental delay, which is where an autism diagnosis would fit in paediatric terms. They're having you back too.

I was going to post the same reply :thumbs: It is a step in the right direction and will help for the school to know.Also its great that she will get SALT input >:D<<'>

thanks guys, am hoping time will improve her and no dx necessary, but I am pleased we have the ball rolling here, just in case there is something to it all, hopefully the SALT will see her at home and at school and see the 2 sides to her xx