Lufty

Forum Upgrade

If you click on the title of the thread instead of the username, it should take you to the first post you haven't read yet.

If you click on the title of the thread instead of the username, it should take you to the first post you haven't read yet.

Why does it say 'Google', 'Yahoo' and 'MSM/Bing' in the active members list - are we that popular we're now attracting major search engines?? :unsure:

Sorry, really fussy now, but I can't change the language to English (UK) from English (USA). I don't think it makes much difference unlike English (pirate) which I use for Facebook!!! - Now the forum in pirate - that would be interesting! :ph34r:

Sorry, really fussy now, but I can't change the language to English (UK) from English (USA). I don't think it makes much difference unlike English (pirate) which I use for Facebook!!! - Now the forum in pirate - that would be interesting! :ph34r:

I did miss you. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I thought something had happened to you because I knew you would have views on this. :D

Dear All

If you have Skype installed you can turn the telephone number recognition off by

selecting within Intenet Explorer :-

Tools

Skype Add-on for Internet Explorer

Untick the Turn number highlighting on

Regards

Lufty

Dear All

I have changed the default to English (UK)

Please let me know if anyone needs other languages adding.

Regards

Lufty

Dear All

I made a setting change so that all members can now see Web Spiders.

Basically these are the engines which create the indexes on all websites so that your search engine can find key words.

Regards

Lufty

Also, I think in the old forum, where is said next to a topic in the i.e. General Forum list 'Last post by (i.e.) Mumble', you used to be able to click on 'Mumble' and it went to that last post, but now it goes to the individual's profile instead - doesn't really matter, will just take some getting used to and there's probably some people now who are wondering why it looks like I've been stalking them!! :lol: :lol:

Tally's tip is probably more useful, but, to be totally pedantic, as you did ask specifically about the last post in a thread, you can get to that by either clicking on the right-pointing arrow or the timestamp in the line above the username. (Hovering over either shows: "View last post" or "Go to last post", so you know you're in the right place.)

And, while I'm at it, re: what Tally said (sorry, Tally!! :unsure:), clicking on the thread title will only take you to the first post in the thread, whether you've read it or not. You can only get to the first unread post by clicking on the right-pointing arrow just to the left of the thread title. (Hovering over that arrow shows: "Go to first unread post".) :D

I actually prefer English (US) on Facebook to English (UK). Things just seem to be formatted better, particularly the dates on timestamps. I'd rather have that and deal with the Americanisms than switch to British English. :lol:

James

And, while I'm at it, re: what Tally said (sorry, Tally!! :unsure:), clicking on the thread title will only take you to the first post in the thread, whether you've read it or not. You can only get to the first unread post by clicking on the right-pointing arrow just to the left of the thread title. (Hovering over that arrow shows: "Go to first unread post".) :D

If you're in the folder, then yes you're quite right Gordie. But I am right too :) I actually though Mumble meant from the main forum index page. If you click on the title from there, it will take you to the last unread post.