Sign in to follow this  
hev

steve off ritalin

i posted a few weeks ago about taking steve off ritalin,i didnt know what to do,i spoke to doctor and they said if its not helping him take him off it,his behaviour was terrible at that time,i took him off it and hes not so agressive,he still has moments but fewer,i know lots of kids who ritalin works for but i just thought i would give you an update

I think you were right to take him off it if it was making him worse, my sons behaviour imroved 10 times on Ritalin but my friends son became extremely agressive, but now its all come to light that it made him worse he's been diagnosed with Conduct disorder I think it is as they believe it isn't ADHD especially after the Ritalin worsening things.

im in turmoil about concerta (slow release ritalin) my daughters concentration, hyperactivity and impulsiveness improve no end on it, she is able to sit and concentrate at school, but it makes her anxiety and fears 100 times worse,(some of the asd symptoms) its like taking the rough with the smooth here, the adhd symptoms are really bad without meds, but the asd is worse with them! :wallbash:

Hi Darky,

My son is the same. He was on Ritalin which did calm down his "hyperness", and helped him concentrate. But, it made him anxious, more aggressive, down and very obsessive.

It seemed to highlight his ASD.

The paediatrician who dx his ASD wants to try him on Strattera. Apparently it works better for children who have ADHD and ASD. It is supposed to help with the anxiety.

Loulou x