DSM-IV & ICD-10

AS Blog

Hello everyone,

I have AS, and was diagnosed around four months ago. Following the diagnosis, I was a little frustrated that there wasn't a guide for exactly how I felt. I started writing a blog in an attempt to understand my own AS better, and thought that it may also help anyone else who may have AS or know someone who has, and finds it difficult putting things into words.

Hopefully it may be of some use, it certainly is to me.

Many thanks,

www.whitecubed.blogspot.com

Ps - if you have any comments, please feel free to post them.

Hello,

I just read a few of your blog posts - they're hilarious, I love it. I really related to your supermarket problems - I don't have it on such a big scale, but I have learnt that I must take a list or else I end up going in circles/confusion/anxiety - have often left with nothing!! lol, very frustrating. :/... Now I like to make one list, split it in half and give one half to my husband and I do the other bit. I hate it when he questions my list of puts extra stuff in when I'm THERE, if he does it off on his own then that's ok and I can just stick to my list.

I'm not diagnosed yet but suspected after my son was diagnosed ASD. I'll keep dipping into your blog, thanks.

Nat

I have AS, and was diagnosed around four months ago. Following the diagnosis, I was a little frustrated that there wasn't a guide for exactly how I felt. I started writing a blog in an attempt to understand my own AS better, and thought that it may also help anyone else who may have AS or know someone who has, and finds it difficult putting things into words.

Hopefully it may be of some use, it certainly is to me.

Many thanks,

www.whitecubed.blogspot.com

Ps - if you have any comments, please feel free to post them.

Hello Nat,

Many thanks for your kind comments. I'm really please you went along to the blog, and that you enjoyed it. I guess I write it for my own catharsis, but it's great to know that someone else can read it and empathise, and now I know I'm not the only one who walks in circles, buying nothing in supermarkets! Sounds like you live in Autisville to me...

Best wishes.

hya,

very interesting reading, i think my son may have aspergers so trying to learn as much as possible,

thankyou

Hello!

Many thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear you're looking into AS for your son, as life may have been much easier had I (and those around me) known as a child. I'm happy to have Aspergers, I feel I belong to a special club. Good luck with everything.

Best wishes.

Thankyou, im not sure how long we have to wait for testing but hope its not too long :)

Just had a look at your blog- i dont have the same problem with supermarkets as im only 18 and my mom does the shopping still (thank goodness) but whenever im left alone clothes shopping, i walk into a shop, walk round it once and walk out again- i cant see anything that i want to buy, so i always have to take someone else wih me.

Its always nice to know there are others out there with the same ticks. Hope all is going well for you!

Hello,

Many thanks for your response!

I really hate supermarkets and the monopoly they have over this country's buying habbits. The supermarket is a cancer at the heart of Britain, brazenly lying at every turn, whilst destroying our agricultural and social heritage, and converting us into a nation ruled by short-cuts and devoured by indolence. They're also far too colourful and bright; if they were a person, I would be sure they had a long history of manic depression.

That's a small rant, but I'm not a particularly angry person...!

I do, however, like making patterns in my head with the check-out bleeps. *Breathes sigh of relief*

Best wishes.