elainem

Just wasted 20 Quid!!

Just bought 3 bottles of vanilla flavour eye Q (fish oils).

Thought in fairness I should taste it first. Don't know if any of you have ever had it but is REVOLTING :sick::sick:

I knew them my ds would not be able to stand it but gave it a try anyway, he had just the tiniest taste and started gagging, poor thing.

Well I know they were on 3 for 2 but it was still �20. Its a good job wev'e got more money than we know what to do with ;);)

Elaine

I buy the Haliborange version much cheaper and they do several types and flavours from orange flavour medicine to blackcurrant capsules

EyeQ also do a capsule version to,they are easy to swallow,and tasteless.

I've used EyeQ for a while,l find with the liquid version,swallowing it fast,and with sugar helps.

I don't think the actual vanilla,citrus... flavourings are that bad when it is first tasted,it's just when the aftertaste appears. :sick:

Hi,

I tried Kai with the oil and he threw up everywhere! Don't blame him really, the texture is like cooking oil :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

I got the capsules that "burst" in your mouth, but he was scared of the capsule (?) so i have been piercing it with a knife and stirring it in his yogurt! He didn't taste a thing.

What with doctoring his yogurt and mixing Melatonin in his milkshake, i think i'm a really wicked mother!

Loulou x

What with doctoring his yogurt and mixing Melatonin in his milkshake, i think i'm a really wicked mother!

Loulou

LOL at Loulou :lol:

Me too. We mix the melatonin into milkshake. Feel like a baddie emptying those little capsules into his drink :D

Don't think melatonin has a taste big mamma (might try one tonight :lol: ).

My son is incredibly food faddy but we manage to get it down him :)

hi all just put the twins on melatonin antry as we might could not get them to swallow them now put it in their drinks as well cannot get liquid form in britain pharmacist told me you can get it in america i said oh good i will go an live in america then how can you not get it in liquid form? any ideas as for fish oils tried them last year now neither of the twins will eat any fish at all who are these people who think of these things heard it was to be used in yougust and m&s is sellin a milk on sale last week anybody tried it? keep smilin luv karin xx

I crush the melatomin in a piece of paper kitchen towel until its a fine powder, pour it on to a teaspoon, mix in some strawberry syrup and hey presto no problems.

I do feel a little like a shady character from a 1950s Agatha Christie murder film though!

Love Loraine

;) We,ve had the exact same problem.....a teaspoon of EQ.and away ...............sounding like a belching frog gip gip gipping all over the bathroom floor.Just the mere smell now is enough to set of a cycle of retching.... :sick:

Send the Eye Q to the Big Brother House. They were dishing out cod liver oil in there the other night and it might just improve the IQ's of some of the people in there at the moment :lol:

Sorry I am not really on topic am I?

Carole

Hi all,

Big mamma, if you ask for Melatonin capsules you can open them and mix the powder into something. I usually use milkshake, but have also been known to mix it in a fromage frais or sprinkle it over ice cream (yes, totally unhealthy bedtime snacks i know!).

You have to mix it in well, otherwise you have little white floaty bits. I bought a fab mini whisk for 49 pence in Morrisons which works a treat!

The tablets are quite big for a little one to swallow, and also are bu***rs to crush.

Best of luck,

Loulou x

Have posted this before, but might be useful...

When Ben first started IQ we made a game of it: he was a baby bird, and I was the parent. He had to lean back with his 'beak' open and i'd drop the 'worm' straight in, which he then tried to swallow. Believe it or nor this worked perfectly!

As far as liquid goes, the worst thing I ever tried was hemp oil, which is supposed to have the same benefits as Eye Q but without the aftertaste... AFTERTASTE!! It was the during taste that caused all the problems! I tried it, to help convince Ben it could be done, spat it out and said, "fair cop, mate"... The rest of the bottle went in the bin.

L&P

BD :D

Oddly enough, even at the height of his food aversions, James would always take medicine off a spoon however horrible it tasted. He just seemed to know that it was good for him and never put up a fight. Before I started him on branded fish oils (he now has Eskimo Kids) he'd even gladly take flaxseed oil, no problem. Funny little fella.

Karen

x

We have yet to find a way to get Eye-Q into our two boys. It tastes horrible, and they is no way on earth that either of them will swallow whole tablets/capsules of any sort so we have given up for now.

We do what LouLou does and open the melatonin capsules and mix the powder into something.

Simon

Hi Elaine

the way I get my son to take it as it is really revolting is to mix it into a fruit compote. I am not sure ofyou can get them in shops in the uk but I am sure you can. They sell them here in France & I mix a teaspoon in with a strawberry one & as the flavour is so intense of the compote he has as yet not noticed. Been doing it for about a year now & I have to say it really keep Samuel calm.

I tried it once - cor it was dire!!!!

Nikki

Hi Elaine,

Have you tried the Eye-Q smooth? My son didn't like taking the vanilla liquid form but when I tried him on the Smooth it's great, just like a tube of yoghurt! Smells nice, NOT an oily texture, smooth and creamy like yoghurt.

From their site:

eye q smooth is essentially a marriage of oil and water. The active oils are bonded with emulsifying compounds and water to create a creamy paste. We then meld in a combination of all-natural flavours -- apricot, pineapple, banana and lemon. Natural sweeteners, sucrose and glucose, are also included to harmonise the taste. The result, we believe, will find favour with the most discerning of young palates.

You can take eye q smooth direct, into your mouth, or mix with any drink or food, especially yoghurt. eye q smooth is a robust formula that does not separate, and really works well if stirred into a glass of milk. The formula is gluten and casein free.

Someone also mentioned on another link that they get it on prescription from their doctor.

Maybe you could exchange your unopened bottles for these?

Edited by invent 10 things b4 breakfast

Hi,

Paed has prescribed melantonin and waiting for my first supply of capsules.

Can I mix it with a hot drink or does it have to be with something cold ?

Caps are 3 mg, doc says take one at night and try one if she is wide awake during the night. Does this work for anyone else's child who wakes during the night ?

hi big mamma prescribed melatonin for the twins i had to open the capsule up as the twins would not swallow it and i just mix it in with their drink at night they have been sleeping like babies only trouble is they get up at between 6&7 suppose i cant have it always but best nights sleep ive had for 6 years (they have been on them a week)keep smilin luv karin xx

know what u mean, i think it is just the yukky oil thing too, it is slimy isnt it. my son will swallow the capusles though so at least i dont have that problem. but i agree it is revolting, it smells lovely though lol ;)