Sign in to follow this  
Jennasmum

Releationship breakdown

Sorry if this is in the wrong section - please feel free to move it.

Well today my husband walked out on me. This is not the first time he did 2 years ago and i told him if he was to ever walk out again then it would be the last time. However for the last 2 years things have been great, until 2 weeks ago. Now he says he just doesn't love me anymore (after 11 years together 5 of which we have been married)

We went on a help! course with the NAS and we both found it really helpful and there were so many examples that mirrored our daughter.

I think that the course may have made him realise the emormty of Jenna's issues and he has freaked out a little and ran. Not really fair as it leaves me with a 4.5year old trying to explain where daddy has gone (she currently thinks he is at work).

Anyhow, has anyone else found that getting a diagnoisis for a child has put a strain on their relationship and has anyone been in my posistion. I seriously lost. I am trying to be strong and keep things as normal as possible for Jenna, but i know she knows there is something wrong, she keeps commenting on the fact that i'm crying (or not crying),

BAH

It is possible your hubby sees a lot of her behaviours in himself and doesn't wish to admit them.

Neither of my parents accepted my diagnosis and my mum has only just come to terms with mine.

i wish you well and dont hesitate to ask if there is a specific service you need.

So sorry to hear this. :( Do you have family or friends who can support you?

It sounds from what you say as though it was an impulsive decision on his part. Is it possible, after time for reflection, that you both might be able to come back together and talk about it?

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

K x

I'm really sorry to hear this. It must be a very difficult time for you. I'm sure there will be other people here who have been through similar. The forum seems to go quiet over the weekends, so maybe once the kids are back at school on Monday you will get some replies.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section - please feel free to move it.

Well today my husband walked out on me. This is not the first time he did 2 years ago and i told him if he was to ever walk out again then it would be the last time. However for the last 2 years things have been great, until 2 weeks ago. Now he says he just doesn't love me anymore (after 11 years together 5 of which we have been married)

We went on a help! course with the NAS and we both found it really helpful and there were so many examples that mirrored our daughter.

I think that the course may have made him realise the emormty of Jenna's issues and he has freaked out a little and ran. Not really fair as it leaves me with a 4.5year old trying to explain where daddy has gone (she currently thinks he is at work).

Anyhow, has anyone else found that getting a diagnoisis for a child has put a strain on their relationship and has anyone been in my posistion. I seriously lost. I am trying to be strong and keep things as normal as possible for Jenna, but i know she knows there is something wrong, she keeps commenting on the fact that i'm crying (or not crying),

BAH

Hi, A month ago hubby and i were on the brink of splitting up due to the pressures of him not wanting to come to terms we had a problem with our son ....he is 11 waitng to be dx with CAMHS.......it hit him hard how much he was going to lose if we broke up and said how stupid he has been...............i dont know how he will be when dx comes of whatever.....but hope he will acccept it.....i know exactly how you feel......im still goign through it......lindy

See 2 years ago he had time away (twice) and then came to his senses but i dont know if he will this time as tbh i dont know if i can trust him not to go and i dont want him to keep thinking he can do this time and time again. If he has left because of Jenna then i think its bad that he has left me to deal with it alone. I do have family and friends around but this week my mum is on long days at work and my sister is on holiday, my 2 best friends are away on holiday too, which leave me with a couple of friends (where i have been today) but i dont want to impose on them, esp with Jenna in tow and she finds it hard to settle in new place.

He has collect some things today, when i was out with jenna at a party, but hes not taken everything but he has taken his PS3, typical!

Big hugs Ann

Matt's instinct is to run from problems as well and I have also told him if he runs, he can stay away as I am not picking up the pieces time after time. For now he is doing ok and hasn't run for a long time or even talked about it. I know what a strain that has on a relationship and the trust stuff involved. You know where I am if you wanna chat xx