Sign in to follow this  
farfalla

melatonin

Hi guys long time since i was here, so much has happened and that would take me a year to type ........

so im just gonna tell you about niams sleeping!

after 14 years and 9 months he is sleeping at night after being given metolin last thursday!

He still cant face swallowing one, he has tried bless him, but he chews them and within 2 hours he is asleep.

i have been up at night with him since he was so small and now he is sleeping, it is so weird yet soooo fantastic.

i wouldnt have niam on medication for all these years, and then did so much research on this drug and after a lot of

thinking abd worrying it was the best thing ive done.

#

i know its early days but the first night sleeping is amazing.

now to sort out the rest of his life :whistle:

Great news farfalla,

Hope it continues, make sure you get some good sleep too (hard to when you're out of practice).

Great news farfalla,

Hope it continues, make sure you get some good sleep too (hard to when you're out of practice).

Melatonin was a godsend for us. DS used to be awake at midnight begging us to help him sleep and now he gets to sleep without any real dificulty.

Melatonin can be had as a syrup or you can crush the tablets/open up the capsules and mix them with a drink.

Simon

Hi, just to say Tess has been on Melatonin since January this year and it has helped her soooo much. she used to be up 5-6 times a night and then get up at 4am but since these tablets she has slept through from 8pm - 6am. Her mood has improved and her violent outbursts are less frequent. I would recommend this to any ASD person with a sleep issue. Hope it continues to work for you coz lack of sleep just makes everything so much harder.