Sign in to follow this  
dfjenkins

Just diagnosed with AS

hello there

My name is David and I have just been diagnosed at the grand age of 50 with AS.

I am still finding it hard to adjust to and accept.

I can see however that it has played a massive part in the way I have been with my wife -thankfully sho identified this as a possibility.

My GP took very seriously and I got an appointment with a consultant very quickly - which I gather is unusual.

Once I can come to terms with it I will do what I can to help anybody where I can.

Thank you

David

Hi and welcome to the forums. I'm in a similar situation as I was diagnosed a month ago at the age of 45 although I'd kind of suspected it for the past couple of years after doing some research. I was a bit different in that I was glad I had an explanation for the way I was/am.

Thanks for the reply.

I found this alla week ago - thanks to my wife and her efforts.

Although I often used to say to mysef in a group situation "I am not like any you" I never ever imagined this wa s why.

It makes sense now, but it is scary to think I will still ame the same social mistakes in the future too :(

I just do not know what to do next - we see our GP Friday - so maybe the first step is this?

hi i hove just found out that i have Aspergers to, not shore wot it rely means,

do all pepol with aspergers finde it hard to cope with kids? for me its hell!

Yeh i think it would be tougher for people like us with kids but me personally i feel i'd be a good parent if i ever had any because unlike most people around today i see having kids as a miracle and the best thing that can happen to anyone. As long as you do things the right way that's all you can do

Edited by Goldenben