Sign in to follow this  
weaveintothewin2

You tube video Made by me an ASD person

because i am on the autistic spectrum (asperger's syndrome) I don't communicate well this way so please watch this it makes more sense this way in saying what i want to say instead of trying to explain it all here.

also if you liked this a playlist for all my episodes is at:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=1615DA2A6C723EA6&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_195863

Incredible. Powerful. Wonderful. Evocative. Beautiful.

Your video made me cry with joy. I am so privileged that my daughter is an incredibly amazing human being to whom all those positive traits can relate. Thank you so much for posting this - I am going to post it to everyone I know to open their eyes a little wider to the wonderous variety in our world.

As I say to my daughter: 'You are beautifully and wonderfully made'.

>:D<<'>

I've shared this on Facebook with my friends and have had an amazing response. The first night someone who watched it raised it as a discussion topic and a group of us spent all night talking about our personal responses to what we'd seen and how it opened a lot of people's eyes. Other have shared it wider through Facebook and a friend of mine with an autistic son is sending it to the college he boards at and to the play charity she helps at for children with disabilities. Very well done, you are educating a lot of people :thumbs: .

Something i can relate to thought it was brilliant the questions u stated are so like my own.

That's really good, and I am also so glad it had text so i could watch it at work without the sound!

What I really like is that you have created something which can be communicated clearly to people who don't have ASD... sometimes I need the reminder!

That is a terrific video. And there are loads more according to the playlist !

The "give us a chance" part resonates powerfully for me. There are so many times where this has simply not happened.

We are not aliens, even though we might feel like them a lot of the time. Prejudice against AS people is an Anglo-Saxon character trait. Go to Germany or Switzerland and it disappears. I don't think the Scots behave this way either.

The difficulties AS people have getting employment are notorious, but it does not mean they are universal. From day 1 machines welcomed me into their world but people did not. And I've built a successful career on that.

One day I will be chief engineer for a large multinational. And for those in the know, it may be sooner than you think.

Edited by dm2010