Sign in to follow this  
blue71

A few questions sorry

Hi can someone tell me please what happens after referal ? or is the referal as far as it goes ? will i have to speak to someone else afterwards ? when i speak to the psychologist will it be him that makes the diagnosis ? sorry for all the questions im just very anxious about all this x

A few weeks later we got a letter which detailed the conclusion from the psychologist

(i had a few tests that day) and the reasons why i was considered Asperger syndrome.

It can be a long process as there are so few people qualified to diagnose adults. But it's good you have your referral now.

There are a lot of different ways to assess for ASD, so it's difficult to know exactly what will happen. You might have a few appointments with the same person, or you may have to see a few different people.

You might have a few appointments with the same person, or you may have to see a few different people.

oh gawd i hope not, anxious about this already and not even got app yet x

Try not to panic about it, it will be OK!

They will normally ask you the questions and not expect you to answer a lot of open-ended questions.

If you have to see more than one person, it will help them get a more comprehensive assessment to document different types of difficulties you have. This could be a more useful document to use as evidence of your difficulties, so it would be a good thing to have a more comprehensive assessment.