Sign in to follow this  
Kathryn

Phishing ain't what it used to be...

I get the odd phishing email from time to time as I'm sure we all do, and normally I just press the delete button. But this is too good to keep to myself, so here it is, exactly as I got it. (Apart from the link which I removed so people aren't tempted to actually click on it.) It's so woefully incompetent I almost feel sorry for the perpetrators. Please tell me people don't actually fall for stuff like this!

I think they should have tried harder in those English lessons... :rolleyes:

K x

Dear Lloyds TSB Client,

We value a lot the safety of our clients and for this from time to time we screen the online banking activity of our clients.

On the 01 November 2010,we detected three logins into your online banking account coming from different Ip Adresses.

We have reasons to believe that your account might have been accessed by a third party.

As a result,we have temporary limited the access to your online banking account.

In order to re-activate your online banking account,you must update your personal information in two easy steps.

1. Please login from the link below for your own safety :

xxxx

2. Complete our attachment as accurately as possible.

Within minutes after you have submitted your personal information,it will be reviewed by one of our agents and you account access will be fully restored.

Thank you for taking the time to read our notification!

Edited by Kathryn

I just had something quite similar. I've deleted it now, but it said something like, "we strongly recommend you verefy (sic) your account . . ." Yes, they actually pointed out their own spelling mistake!

I just had something quite similar. I've deleted it now, but it said something like, "we strongly recommend you verefy (sic) your account . . ." Yes, they actually pointed out their own spelling mistake!

:lol: That's funny.

As to your question, Kathryn, do people fall for this? Yes, my mother. My sister and I have all but given up trying to educate her about internet safety and security; she doesn't or won't get it, as evidenced by the list of passwords blue-tacked to her monitor. :rolleyes::shame: